The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What Now after Braf/MEK nowTumor on Humerus?

Forums General Melanoma Community What Now after Braf/MEK nowTumor on Humerus?

Participant

Hello- We have been rolling along wonderful on BRAF/MEK GSK trial since 02/2009.  HOWEVER, a rapidly growing mass has not occurred in shoulder and humerus.  So painful, we have to have surgery scheduled quickly.  Has anyone had such a mixed result – with 7 tumors that have shrank, and now all of a sudden this shoulder tumor is growing rapidly?  Has anyone had shoulder reconstructive surgery?  We will be going back to Nashville.  If we are disallowed from the currentl clinical trial of GSK/MEK – what now?

Thanks – Love and Prayers to all.

Hello- We have been rolling along wonderful on BRAF/MEK GSK trial since 02/2009.  HOWEVER, a rapidly growing mass has not occurred in shoulder and humerus.  So painful, we have to have surgery scheduled quickly.  Has anyone had such a mixed result – with 7 tumors that have shrank, and now all of a sudden this shoulder tumor is growing rapidly?  Has anyone had shoulder reconstructive surgery?  We will be going back to Nashville.  If we are disallowed from the currentl clinical trial of GSK/MEK – what now?

Thanks – Love and Prayers to all.

MrsMarilyn

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        mrsmarilyn
        Participant

Correction to last post-growing mass has "now" occurred – typo said "not" – sorry  Mrs Marilyn

Suzan AB
            Participant
              I am so sorry hear your news, Mrs. Marilyn. This beast is such a bad actor. I am also on the gsk braf/mek trial
              Did you have bone involemrent before? The tumors in my spine have been the hardest to contain….for me it is like a rollercoster ride…
              Good luck with your surgery….healing prayers t you and yours
              Suzan AB
              mrsmarilyn
              Participant

Hi Suzan-Its my brother that I am helping out.  You are so right-it is a rollercoster ride.  Have you had surgery to remove tumor and they allowed you to stay in the trial or get back in?  Because he had 7 reductions, but his shoulder/humerous has a very large spot – if mel.  Biopsy is on Monday-but the Dr. says it looks like Mel  based on MRI.  He is so worried about losing his arm – and getting removed from the trial – which has worked like a miracle for 2 years. 

Thanks for all the kind words.  Keep in touch!

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                Participant

Well I should say worked like a miracle 7 out of 8 times.  He has had no bone involvement before.  I cant believe this, really.  maybe not mel.

Mrs. Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                  Participant

Well I should say worked like a miracle 7 out of 8 times.  He has had no bone involvement before.  I cant believe this, really.  maybe not mel.

Mrs. Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                    Participant

Mrs. Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                      Participant

Hi Suzan-Its my brother that I am helping out.  You are so right-it is a rollercoster ride.  Have you had surgery to remove tumor and they allowed you to stay in the trial or get back in?  Because he had 7 reductions, but his shoulder/humerous has a very large spot – if mel.  Biopsy is on Monday-but the Dr. says it looks like Mel  based on MRI.  He is so worried about losing his arm – and getting removed from the trial – which has worked like a miracle for 2 years. 

MrsMarilyn

mrsmarilyn
                        Participant

MrsMarilyn

Suzan AB
                          Participant
                            I am so sorry hear your news, Mrs. Marilyn. This beast is such a bad actor. I am also on the gsk braf/mek trial
                            Did you have bone involemrent before? The tumors in my spine have been the hardest to contain….for me it is like a rollercoster ride…
                            Suzan AB
                            Suzan AB
                            Participant
                              Suzan AB
                            mrsmarilyn
                            Participant

Correction to last post-growing mass has "now" occurred – typo said "not" – sorry  Mrs Marilyn

mrsmarilyn
                              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics