The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What in the World?

Forums General Melanoma Community What in the World?

Participant

……………………is up with the Anon on the main BB?  I've seen some doozies in my time here, but boy he/she is really coming across as super mean and cruel regarding obits.  I've had my moments of being an asshole from time to time to be sure, but this person takes the cake !

Anybody have an idea who this person is?  It might be time to out them should anybody know.

Oh well just a thought, reason doesn't seem to work for this person.

Cheers,

Charlie S

……………………is up with the Anon on the main BB?  I've seen some doozies in my time here, but boy he/she is really coming across as super mean and cruel regarding obits.  I've had my moments of being an asshole from time to time to be sure, but this person takes the cake !

Anybody have an idea who this person is?  It might be time to out them should anybody know.

Oh well just a thought, reason doesn't seem to work for this person.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        BonnieLea
        Participant

Well, Charlie, I for one have no clue.  Some others have guessed perhaps.  So many people always use Annon.  Some use it when they need it, but this person is always negative in any way.

If we applauded a death, he/she would jump on us, if we mourn as everyone cares about everyone here, with this disease, and their caregivers, this person jumps on us.  There is no half way with people of that mind.

We should just continue to do what we do.  Give love, support, and most of all care for ouir fellow members.  But I do wish especially on the MAIN board, this all went the way of the wind.

Bonnie Lea

I have been jumped on before, by people who misunderstood my babbles, I can see how, I am not always proper with my words. 

J did a great job documenting her dear husband, we should all understand how much it must have hurt both of them.  I feel that I really knew them both through those video vlogs.

BonnieLea
          Participant

Well, Charlie, I for one have no clue.  Some others have guessed perhaps.  So many people always use Annon.  Some use it when they need it, but this person is always negative in any way.

If we applauded a death, he/she would jump on us, if we mourn as everyone cares about everyone here, with this disease, and their caregivers, this person jumps on us.  There is no half way with people of that mind.

We should just continue to do what we do.  Give love, support, and most of all care for ouir fellow members.  But I do wish especially on the MAIN board, this all went the way of the wind.

Bonnie Lea

I have been jumped on before, by people who misunderstood my babbles, I can see how, I am not always proper with my words. 

J did a great job documenting her dear husband, we should all understand how much it must have hurt both of them.  I feel that I really knew them both through those video vlogs.

Nancylee
            Participant
              Charlie, honey bunch, if you think he is mean i am going over to read!! I hope you are well.
              Nancy
              Nancylee
              Participant
                Charlie, honey bunch, if you think he is mean i am going over to read!! I hope you are well.
                Nancy
                Nancylee
                Participant
                  Nancy
                  Nancylee
                  Participant
                    Nancy
                    akls
                    Participant

Charlie,

I think I know who it is but I'm not going to post by chance that I'm wrong.  There are definately some clues if you look at the posts.  I don't agree with the theory of who it is on the main board. 

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

Charlie,

I think I know who it is but I'm not going to post by chance that I'm wrong.  There are definately some clues if you look at the posts.  I don't agree with the theory of who it is on the main board. 

Amy S. in Michigan

lhaley
                        Participant

Charlie,

I also think I know from a few of the clues but like others have said I'm not sure and would feel terrible if I guessed wrong.  Who ever it is, surely deserved the great picture that you posted! 

While I'm real upset for Jill (she is handling it soooo well) I'm more upset for Donna. Who are we to tell someone who is so scared of starting a treatment that they are wrong in such a vicious manner!!  

We all have our moments of "bitchiness" but she (yes I believe she) is over the top.

When I was a teacher I could often pick out whose paper was whose by their writing style. Handwriting does help with the detective work but sentence structure definitely is very telling.

Stew on this for a bit and then I'll send you my thought. My own attitude was pretty poor this weekend and didn't want to add to the argument!  Think I've recovered a bit and not biting off my poor husbands head. 

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

Charlie,

I also think I know from a few of the clues but like others have said I'm not sure and would feel terrible if I guessed wrong.  Who ever it is, surely deserved the great picture that you posted! 

While I'm real upset for Jill (she is handling it soooo well) I'm more upset for Donna. Who are we to tell someone who is so scared of starting a treatment that they are wrong in such a vicious manner!!  

We all have our moments of "bitchiness" but she (yes I believe she) is over the top.

When I was a teacher I could often pick out whose paper was whose by their writing style. Handwriting does help with the detective work but sentence structure definitely is very telling.

Stew on this for a bit and then I'll send you my thought. My own attitude was pretty poor this weekend and didn't want to add to the argument!  Think I've recovered a bit and not biting off my poor husbands head. 

Linda

nicoli
                            Participant

Thanks for posting this charlie. Yes, sometimes your posts are a little harsh, but you are so lovable and real and honest that no one pays much attention. You have garnered a boatload of respect, that is clear.

Is this anon mentally ill? I can get real bitchy when I am depressed, but usually save my best bitching for my family!

And I must be crazy because I missed the postings and now am wanting to read them. Were they deleted. Kinda dumb,like wanting to stare  at a car wreck. kinda sick. but where are they?

Just turned stage 4 and maybe reading other peoples problems will get my mind off of my own for a few minutes.

currently on pain pills, can ya tell?

Nicki, newly stage 4

nicoli
                                Participant

Is this anon the same one who dissed eric's last video? And I kinda had some fun with her on this board, now I realize I was just playing her and I was pretty immature. but really, it was fun!

Nicki

nicoli
                                  Participant

Is this anon the same one who dissed eric's last video? And I kinda had some fun with her on this board, now I realize I was just playing her and I was pretty immature. but really, it was fun!

Nicki

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Well, whoever it was, their traces have now  been offed so I guess all is well except for the hurt to Jill .

Better living through chemistry to you !

Cheers,

Charlie S

truthteller
                                      Participant

Maybe this will help you decide:

Husband did interferon. Had a great deal of difficulty, especially with memory loss due to the fact he was a possible drug abuser or alcohol abuser in the past. Two peas in a pod, she seems to enjoy the same by her posts.

See for yourself:

Posted at 11:51 on Sat, Mar 08, 2008

My only caution about Interferon would be to be careful with it if you have had any drug abuse or alcohol issues in the past. The data was hard for me to find at the time, but it is not recommended in these circumstances. Although it has been 6 years since he did 6 months of it, he still suffers occasionaly from slight mental disfunction when stressed or tires. But, he IS still alive.

After 6 mos of Interferon, my husband was taken off of it because of what was termed "moderate" delirium. He was behaving exactly as if he was raving drunk, which he was not. His connection to reality was severely impaired. After much research, I found a few studies which suggested that previous drug/alcohol abuse can be a factor, and that those with this history should not use it. To this day, he still becomes quite "unfocused" when tired or stressed. I don't have the actual studies anymore (after 5 years, I threw them out.)

Hence the spouses hatred of interferon in recent posts.

Then: Husband died. Several years ago in September, hence feeling the way they do right now as in the month or so before his death, this was most likely the most difficult time for them both of them.

Beginning of her email: secretseahag.

Who has the beginning of their email “secretseahag“?

Her Occupation listed in her profile: Lethargist

Definition: the quality or state of being lazy, sluggish, or indifferent

Basically: the religion for those who don't give a shit.

(One out of four I would say no, two of four maybe, four of four, have to go with yes)

Also, compare these posts and sentence structure to some of her earlier ones, especially the ones relating to interferon. That and perhaps a little too much to drink….

This woman needs help!

bcl
                                        Participant

Truthteller (my what a pretentious name you have.. ) 

You have got to be kidding us. Guess it's time for me to email Tim and try to shame you for pointing fingers;  you could not be more wrong –  and the MRF is fully aware of that fact.

I know, why don't we guess who you are instead….

I'm gonna say Michael, since he has already pointed to this poster on the main board   – The post in question was humorous and seemed to me to mock the (most likely early staged) anon for not wanting to read here about tumours and death. The humour was explained to him before the thread was pulled.

( And Nicki, if you accepted messages one of us just might have sent you the thread..:)

bcl
                                          Participant

Truthteller (my what a pretentious name you have.. ) 

You have got to be kidding us. Guess it's time for me to email Tim and try to shame you for pointing fingers;  you could not be more wrong –  and the MRF is fully aware of that fact.

I know, why don't we guess who you are instead….

I'm gonna say Michael, since he has already pointed to this poster on the main board   – The post in question was humorous and seemed to me to mock the (most likely early staged) anon for not wanting to read here about tumours and death. The humour was explained to him before the thread was pulled.

( And Nicki, if you accepted messages one of us just might have sent you the thread..:)

LV
                                            Participant

Well, golly. You're talking about me! Yes, you can email me at [email protected]. Yes, I am one whose husband had trouble with interferon. However, I am NOT the one who has been riling things up about interferon these days, nor looking for any trouble here at all.

Since I haven't worked outside the home in many years, I have been making up riduculous occupations to use whenever anyone asks. I have been a cloud interpreter, a BBQ artist, and a few other, equally silly things.  Lethargist is just my newest one. If you knew me, you would know it's a reference to being a bit lazy (which is actually more of a persona than my real personality. I like to pretend that I don't do anything, but sadly, IRL that is not the case). Funny how you arrive at "Basically: the religion for those who don't give a shit." Kind of makes me laugh.

Not sure why you are so eager to blame me for this, and to cast aspersions as to my character a la "two peas in a pod." Nor why you wish to disparage my husband's reputation either.  I assumed that medical information I have posted, such as his being a recovering alcoholic, would be used to help and inform others, not repeated in such a way as to try to sully the person he was. Yes, my husband was a recovering alcoholic  – at the time of his diagnosis, and before, and thereafter, also. Does it make you feel better to point this out? Actually, I admire the way he was able to change his life; he was a good, no, great husband and father. And after nearly 25 years of marriage, we actually still loved each other.

Very kind of you to remember his death for me. You're right; the time between the end of July and the end of September, (and the end of his life) are full of memories and strong emotions for me. But you are wrong about this.

Fortunately, I still enjoy a full and wonderful life, so don't think that I will give this much more thought. I cannot even waste my time feeling sorry for you, as I can't imagine anyone this low.

LV
                                              Participant

And, just for the record, you may not have sen this post from Shelby on the main board, part of which I quote:

"I have said before, the MRF really wants it to be YOUR board and we want to interfere only when absolutely necessary.  In this case, it was obviously necessary.  So, we took appropriate action, contacted the individual making those Anon posts, warned the individual, and then removed that individual's account. "

Since my account is still active, you can plainly see that it wasn't me.

Maybe we can talk about who it is that really needs help.

Laura

TinaR
                                                Participant

"Secretseahag" ?  I like it !!

TinaR
                                                  Participant

"Secretseahag" ?  I like it !!

bcl
                                                    Participant

Not sure there is any help for someone who thinks it's ok to remind you about your husband in this way Laura. (Or for that matter, thinks a cute email addy is incriminating evidence! )

I am so sorry you had to read this tripe hun…    xxlinda

bcl
                                                      Participant

Not sure there is any help for someone who thinks it's ok to remind you about your husband in this way Laura. (Or for that matter, thinks a cute email addy is incriminating evidence! )

I am so sorry you had to read this tripe hun…    xxlinda

LV
                                                        Participant

And, just for the record, you may not have sen this post from Shelby on the main board, part of which I quote:

"I have said before, the MRF really wants it to be YOUR board and we want to interfere only when absolutely necessary.  In this case, it was obviously necessary.  So, we took appropriate action, contacted the individual making those Anon posts, warned the individual, and then removed that individual's account. "

Since my account is still active, you can plainly see that it wasn't me.

Maybe we can talk about who it is that really needs help.

Laura

LV
                                                          Participant

Well, golly. You're talking about me! Yes, you can email me at [email protected]. Yes, I am one whose husband had trouble with interferon. However, I am NOT the one who has been riling things up about interferon these days, nor looking for any trouble here at all.

Since I haven't worked outside the home in many years, I have been making up riduculous occupations to use whenever anyone asks. I have been a cloud interpreter, a BBQ artist, and a few other, equally silly things.  Lethargist is just my newest one. If you knew me, you would know it's a reference to being a bit lazy (which is actually more of a persona than my real personality. I like to pretend that I don't do anything, but sadly, IRL that is not the case). Funny how you arrive at "Basically: the religion for those who don't give a shit." Kind of makes me laugh.

Not sure why you are so eager to blame me for this, and to cast aspersions as to my character a la "two peas in a pod." Nor why you wish to disparage my husband's reputation either.  I assumed that medical information I have posted, such as his being a recovering alcoholic, would be used to help and inform others, not repeated in such a way as to try to sully the person he was. Yes, my husband was a recovering alcoholic  – at the time of his diagnosis, and before, and thereafter, also. Does it make you feel better to point this out? Actually, I admire the way he was able to change his life; he was a good, no, great husband and father. And after nearly 25 years of marriage, we actually still loved each other.

Very kind of you to remember his death for me. You're right; the time between the end of July and the end of September, (and the end of his life) are full of memories and strong emotions for me. But you are wrong about this.

Fortunately, I still enjoy a full and wonderful life, so don't think that I will give this much more thought. I cannot even waste my time feeling sorry for you, as I can't imagine anyone this low.

truthteller
                                                            Participant

Maybe this will help you decide:

Husband did interferon. Had a great deal of difficulty, especially with memory loss due to the fact he was a possible drug abuser or alcohol abuser in the past. Two peas in a pod, she seems to enjoy the same by her posts.

See for yourself:

Posted at 11:51 on Sat, Mar 08, 2008

My only caution about Interferon would be to be careful with it if you have had any drug abuse or alcohol issues in the past. The data was hard for me to find at the time, but it is not recommended in these circumstances. Although it has been 6 years since he did 6 months of it, he still suffers occasionaly from slight mental disfunction when stressed or tires. But, he IS still alive.

After 6 mos of Interferon, my husband was taken off of it because of what was termed "moderate" delirium. He was behaving exactly as if he was raving drunk, which he was not. His connection to reality was severely impaired. After much research, I found a few studies which suggested that previous drug/alcohol abuse can be a factor, and that those with this history should not use it. To this day, he still becomes quite "unfocused" when tired or stressed. I don't have the actual studies anymore (after 5 years, I threw them out.)

Hence the spouses hatred of interferon in recent posts.

Then: Husband died. Several years ago in September, hence feeling the way they do right now as in the month or so before his death, this was most likely the most difficult time for them both of them.

Beginning of her email: secretseahag.

Who has the beginning of their email “secretseahag“?

Her Occupation listed in her profile: Lethargist

Definition: the quality or state of being lazy, sluggish, or indifferent

Basically: the religion for those who don't give a shit.

(One out of four I would say no, two of four maybe, four of four, have to go with yes)

Also, compare these posts and sentence structure to some of her earlier ones, especially the ones relating to interferon. That and perhaps a little too much to drink….

This woman needs help!

Charlie S
                                                              Participant

Well, whoever it was, their traces have now  been offed so I guess all is well except for the hurt to Jill .

Better living through chemistry to you !

Cheers,

Charlie S

nicoli
                                                              Participant

Thanks for posting this charlie. Yes, sometimes your posts are a little harsh, but you are so lovable and real and honest that no one pays much attention. You have garnered a boatload of respect, that is clear.

Is this anon mentally ill? I can get real bitchy when I am depressed, but usually save my best bitching for my family!

And I must be crazy because I missed the postings and now am wanting to read them. Were they deleted. Kinda dumb,like wanting to stare  at a car wreck. kinda sick. but where are they?

Just turned stage 4 and maybe reading other peoples problems will get my mind off of my own for a few minutes.

currently on pain pills, can ya tell?

Nicki, newly stage 4

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics