The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What a year!

Forums General Melanoma Community What a year!

Participant

Highs, lows, ups, downs.

Exciting business trips to Singapore, Shanghai, Bangkok, Hamburg, Manchester, Korea… and then being let go due to downsizing.

Losing loved ones; seeing my daughters grow and blossom and become the most unexpected things of all:  individual adults with a glow all their own.

Reconnecting with friends.  Quarreling with family. 

Sleepless nights pondering the future, followed by the joy of sitting down to breakfasts and dinners with my family for the first time in eight years.

Highs, lows, ups, downs.

Exciting business trips to Singapore, Shanghai, Bangkok, Hamburg, Manchester, Korea… and then being let go due to downsizing.

Losing loved ones; seeing my daughters grow and blossom and become the most unexpected things of all:  individual adults with a glow all their own.

Reconnecting with friends.  Quarreling with family. 

Sleepless nights pondering the future, followed by the joy of sitting down to breakfasts and dinners with my family for the first time in eight years.

Seeing my wife being so happy to see me at home … and then gently asking if I should spend some time at the outplacement office because, let's face it, I'm not a picnic to be around for 24 hours every day.

A good year, a bad year, an amazing year..

But we're still here.  We're still fighting.  Remembering what's important.  Still making our presence felt to loved ones and friends.

Merry Christmas to you all.  My hopes for a fantastic 2012.

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Merry Christmas to you, Den, and wishing you a fantastic 2012!  So nice to see you popping in here!

Happy Merry and all the best!

Janner

Janner
          Participant

Merry Christmas to you, Den, and wishing you a fantastic 2012!  So nice to see you popping in here!

Janner

Janner
            Participant

Janner

vickie
              Participant

I kept looking for the sarcasm in your post and when I realized there was none, it hit me that the world really is going to end in 2012.

Seriously, I'm happy to see you're still alive and  able to appreciate the things that really matter. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

So you're not fun to be around 24/7? Shocking!

Mele Kalikimaka

vickie
                Participant

I kept looking for the sarcasm in your post and when I realized there was none, it hit me that the world really is going to end in 2012.

Seriously, I'm happy to see you're still alive and  able to appreciate the things that really matter. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Mele Kalikimaka

vickie
                  Participant

Mele Kalikimaka

BonnieLea
                    Participant

Great to hear from you.  Yes it has indeed been a strange busy weird happy/not happy year.  But it is soon over and a new one starts….  yaaaaaa!  depending upon where you live….HOBBY?  write a book on how not to (or to do) what ever.

Merry Christmas and a happy happy healthy NEW YEAR.

Bonnie Lea

BonnieLea
                      Participant

Great to hear from you.  Yes it has indeed been a strange busy weird happy/not happy year.  But it is soon over and a new one starts….  yaaaaaa!  depending upon where you live….HOBBY?  write a book on how not to (or to do) what ever.

Bonnie Lea

BonnieLea
                        Participant

Bonnie Lea

BillMFl
                          Participant

Hiya Den. Been a long long time.  My hope for you is that change becomes opportunity. A chance to re-evaluate and reconnect. Money and material things are nice but there is so much more.  Good luck, I'm sure there are good things for you in the long run.

BillMFl
                            Participant

Hiya Den. Been a long long time.  My hope for you is that change becomes opportunity. A chance to re-evaluate and reconnect. Money and material things are nice but there is so much more.  Good luck, I'm sure there are good things for you in the long run.

BillMFl
                              Participant

Nancylee
                                Participant

'You must be willing to give up the life you had planned for the life that is waiting for us.'

Its become the motto in my personal like.

Take care of yourself.

Nancylee
                                  Participant

'You must be willing to give up the life you had planned for the life that is waiting for us.'

Take care of yourself.

Nancylee
                                    Participant

Take care of yourself.

dian in spokane
                                      Participant

Happy New Year Dude! Nice to see your name on here.

dian

dian in spokane
                                        Participant

dian

dian in spokane
                                          Participant

dian

jag
                                            Participant

like the Charlie Dickens style there Denkers.

Sounds like it's time to make lemonade out of lemons.

jag
                                              Participant

jag
                                                Participant

Nad T
                                                  Participant

Wild Man – we are with you.

Cyn are you going Austin? 

DT

Nad T
                                                    Participant

DT

Nad T
                                                      Participant

DT

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics