The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Week 2 after first ipi/nivo infusion.

Forums General Melanoma Community Week 2 after first ipi/nivo infusion.

Participant
      End of week two of after first infusion of ipi/nivo. Prior to starting this immunotherapy I had significant nausea and abdominal pain which were symptoms related to the cancer metastasis. As of Monday those symptoms were pretty much gone and each day is getting better including getting my appetite back. Still have bloating in my abdomen, but that too is getting better. No longer taking any anti nausea medicine. Saw my oncologist a few days ago and he said it’s very possible I am having an early response to the immunotherapy since my symptoms have improved significantly.  So I’m going with that and keeping my hopes high. Going to continue staying positive and optimistic 🙂

also, so very mild side effects from the infusion.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ThinkingPositive
        Participant
          Hi Christinad,

Great news that some symptoms resolved. I’m rooting for you that the combo does its job with minimal side effects.

Cindy K

Christinad
            Participant
              Thank you, Cindy! I appreciate your kind words. I hope you are doing well 🙂
            soonerjenn14
            Participant
              Hi Christina,

Sorry I am late to the party, but I am recovering from a lymphadenectomy and excision of my tumor (yay!) under my left arm and it’s been hard to type. That is wonderful news! So glad to hear ipi/nivo seems to be working for you!! It’s awesome to hear it’s alleviating your previous symptoms. Keep thinking positive! 🙂

Best wishes for continued good news!

Jenn

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics