The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Webinair on Systemic therapies

Forums General Melanoma Community Webinair on Systemic therapies

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I cannot believe that noone has posted yet about this weeks Webinair.

Excellent.  Thankyou very much cure OM and i was able to ask a question!

Please thank Dr Weber and Dr Flaherty for their informitive talks.

I would like to ask furhter questions – sorry i guess I never grew out of the "Elephants Child " syndrome.

To Dr Weber I would like to ask further about Ipilimumab.

3 years ago the recommendation was to permanently discontinue Ipilimumab if the ALT/AST rose >7x normal.

I cannot believe that noone has posted yet about this weeks Webinair.

Excellent.  Thankyou very much cure OM and i was able to ask a question!

Please thank Dr Weber and Dr Flaherty for their informitive talks.

I would like to ask furhter questions – sorry i guess I never grew out of the "Elephants Child " syndrome.

To Dr Weber I would like to ask further about Ipilimumab.

3 years ago the recommendation was to permanently discontinue Ipilimumab if the ALT/AST rose >7x normal.

Now it is at 5x normal.

This must mean that some people who survived the hepatitis and maybe got a response will still be alive.  So obviously this is a saftey issue. However is it that as the drug was rolled out into more widespread practice some of the less experienced centres failed to appreciate the risks soon enough. In his experience was there a link to those with the more severe hepatitis -5-7 x normal having clinical benefti from the drug.  Would he consider reintroducing Yervoy in these patients if they were to relapse now 3 years later. Or would he observe the current saftey guidelines – the tempatation for patients with few options must surely be to risk the drug again? Which way would his clinical experience push him?

Also to Dr Weber- concerning T lymhocytes and TIL

Are the size of the metastases in OM relevant in the T lymphocyte infiltration. Are smaller metastases less likely to have the "bad" lymphocyete- the exhauseted ones . Is it possible that substances that are released by the tumour cells which cause the exhaustion in T cells. ? So early treatment would be beneficial.?

What size tumour is needed for TIL and does this lead to more of the lymphocytes being in the "exhasuted state"

Have studies been done using the circulating lymphocytes in OM rather than the tumour "exahausted " ones and are these able to be grown more easily?

Once again many thanks for giving us this wonderful oppourtunity.

Carpe diem

Lesley

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics