The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WBC and the eosinophil counts are supposed to be low – REALLY ?

Forums General Melanoma Community WBC and the eosinophil counts are supposed to be low – REALLY ?

Participant
      Hi Folks.
      Although I have researched here for low Eosinophil and WBC counts and also read Bubbles Blog for it which talks about HIGH EOSINOPHIL=HIGHER SURVIVAL RATES. My mom’s recent blood work show low eosinophil

Eosinophil Abs Ct 0.04 x10E9/L
      WBC Count 7.3 x10E9/L

I messaged the nurse and this is the response I get
      “WBC and the eosinophil counts are supposed to be low so that is a good thing! ”

I am confused on the take on Eosinophil and WBC counts , My mom just had her 3rd ipi/nivo dose and its always running in my mind if the combo is working for her.

Can you guys here share your experiences with the WBC and eosinophil counts on the ipi/nivo combo and your thought.

Thanks for being patient with me and my questions over the past weeks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        doragsda
        Participant
          My wife just finished two years of immunotherapy (Yervoy + Opdivo) with was very effective and her labs usually showed low WBC and low eosinophils. Only time they really elevated was when she had a cold.
            sks2019
            Participant
              thanks for replying. How is your wife doing now ? Always looking for hope. My mom has no typical side effects and am always wondering if the ipi/nivo is working for her.
            HeidiZ
            Participant
              Hi, my own experience has been that my eosinophils were always high while on treatment and now 2 years after treatment ended they are still slightly increased.
              Stage IV since Feb 2016, treatment ended August 2017. NEAD since then.
              Heidi
                sks2019
                Participant
                  Wish you continued NED status. Thanks for sharing.
                  Mark_DC
                  Participant
                    I too managed to get high eosonophils while on treatment. This led to stable disease and it took me forever to respond only once tvec added.
                    Ifollowing bubbles posts, i waS happy to have the high eos readings but my doctor said there was no evidence of any link.

Maybe give it time and the eos numbers may rise, i dont think it happens right away and anyway i dont think the findings are clearcut so please dont worry
                    Good luck Mark

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics