The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WANTED: youth who have been affected by melanoma to appear in an educational video

Forums Caregiver Community WANTED: youth who have been affected by melanoma to appear in an educational video

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

We are an Ontario charity who are looking for young people who are suffering from, or who have been affected by, melanoma to appear in an educational video.  The David Cornfield Melanoma Fund was established in 2007 and is devoted to saving lives from melanoma by promoting awareness of this disease.  The Fund was created in loving memory of David Cornfield, who passed away from melanoma in December 2005 at the age of 32.  David was my step-brother and left behind a legacy, including a young son. 

We are an Ontario charity who are looking for young people who are suffering from, or who have been affected by, melanoma to appear in an educational video.  The David Cornfield Melanoma Fund was established in 2007 and is devoted to saving lives from melanoma by promoting awareness of this disease.  The Fund was created in loving memory of David Cornfield, who passed away from melanoma in December 2005 at the age of 32.  David was my step-brother and left behind a legacy, including a young son. 

We are in the process of making an educational video aimed at teaching youth and their caregivers about preventing and detecting melanoma. We plan to distribute the video to summer camps, schools and other stakeholders.  We have hired a dynamic well-known production company, Evidently, to help us shoot this video.  We are moving things forward very quickly are looking for actual patients (preferably younger people, such as teenagers or young adults) or family members to appear in our video.

The video will be shot in Toronto hopefully around the end of this month. We are not in a position to pay for the appearance but would, of course, cover reasonable expenses i.e. parking.

If you or someone you know are able to assist, that would be wonderful.    Kindly contact me on this Board post or by email at [email protected] and I can give you some more information.

Thank you
      Elyse

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics