The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

waiting

Forums General Melanoma Community waiting

Participant

How many out there have responded to treatment and are unsure if this means  good things lie ahead or are you just getting closer to a new event with your luck running out. See my profile to understand

How many out there have responded to treatment and are unsure if this means  good things lie ahead or are you just getting closer to a new event with your luck running out. See my profile to understand

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

sorry but your profile is "empty"

killmel
          Participant

sorry but your profile is "empty"

KatyWI
            Participant

Hell yeah I feel scared and wonder if it's coming back.  But it ain't back today.  And damn if I'm going to miss out on my life moping around waiting for "it."  Have you seen the post "Roll Call for the Undead"?  Look it up.  Plenty of people 'round here who are busy living.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip/stage-ivroll-call-undead-please

I hope you're just going through a low spot right now.  I hope you can get your head in a better place and embrace what you have.  'Cuz I do know how this feels.

Katy

petie540
                Participant

Perhaps because I am a doctor I just Know too damn much for my own good.

petie540
                  Participant

petie540
                    Participant

Vermont_Donna
                      Participant

Hi,

Sorry you have a melanoma diagnosis, but this is the place to come for information, tell your story, read about others, get support and provide support. You being a psychiatrist will be helpful I am sure. I do want to say that you will find that many many of us also "KNOW TOO DAMN MUCH FOR OUR OWN GOOD"! We are well informed melanoma warriors. You do not have to be a doctor to understand what melanoma can do and how it wages a special war for each of us and our families. We are VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE about medical terms, procedures, understanding pathology reports, and assimilating the information, applying it to treatment decisions, etc. Still more, we have learned we are not "numbers" and statistics. Each of us is an individual with different approachs and beliefs about what works and what doesnt, for US. 

We who are a little (or a long) ways out from our diagnosis are busy with living full lives while dealing with melanoma. For many of us it is a chronic health problem to manage. Not to say we dont have acute episodes of reoccurence and treatments, etc. Not to say we dont share our fears and concerns, our hopes and worries. We cry on each others shoulders here, stand up and keep going on. You will be hopefully surprised at the LIFE in this board! Are you a newcomer to this board…meaning have you been reading and not posting since your diagnosis or did you just find your way here??

Good luck in your dealing with melanoma, and please live with HOPE. We all strive to do that!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED after 4 infusions of Ipi and about to start round 2 this Wed.

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Hi,

Sorry you have a melanoma diagnosis, but this is the place to come for information, tell your story, read about others, get support and provide support. You being a psychiatrist will be helpful I am sure. I do want to say that you will find that many many of us also "KNOW TOO DAMN MUCH FOR OUR OWN GOOD"! We are well informed melanoma warriors. You do not have to be a doctor to understand what melanoma can do and how it wages a special war for each of us and our families. We are VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE about medical terms, procedures, understanding pathology reports, and assimilating the information, applying it to treatment decisions, etc. Still more, we have learned we are not "numbers" and statistics. Each of us is an individual with different approachs and beliefs about what works and what doesnt, for US. 

We who are a little (or a long) ways out from our diagnosis are busy with living full lives while dealing with melanoma. For many of us it is a chronic health problem to manage. Not to say we dont have acute episodes of reoccurence and treatments, etc. Not to say we dont share our fears and concerns, our hopes and worries. We cry on each others shoulders here, stand up and keep going on. You will be hopefully surprised at the LIFE in this board! Are you a newcomer to this board…meaning have you been reading and not posting since your diagnosis or did you just find your way here??

Good luck in your dealing with melanoma, and please live with HOPE. We all strive to do that!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED after 4 infusions of Ipi and about to start round 2 this Wed.

petie540
                          Participant

KatyWI
                          Participant

Hell yeah I feel scared and wonder if it's coming back.  But it ain't back today.  And damn if I'm going to miss out on my life moping around waiting for "it."  Have you seen the post "Roll Call for the Undead"?  Look it up.  Plenty of people 'round here who are busy living.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip/stage-ivroll-call-undead-please

I hope you're just going through a low spot right now.  I hope you can get your head in a better place and embrace what you have.  'Cuz I do know how this feels.

Katy

Rebecca and Bob
                            Participant

Totally get it. We used to worry daily especially in the beginning. Now that it's close to two years NED Stage IV after two years of treatment and surgery we try to only worry and think that way at scan time. Somewhere down the line you have to try hard to enjoy every day because none of us know really when that one will be the last.  Plus I have little kids and we found that we were missing out on them the more we worried.

Rebecca and Bob
                              Participant

Totally get it. We used to worry daily especially in the beginning. Now that it's close to two years NED Stage IV after two years of treatment and surgery we try to only worry and think that way at scan time. Somewhere down the line you have to try hard to enjoy every day because none of us know really when that one will be the last.  Plus I have little kids and we found that we were missing out on them the more we worried.

kylez
                                Participant
                                  Since I’m not in any pain and am stable today I’m so lucky. Simple things that I take for granted I’m so lucky to still be able to do. So any obsessing on fear of illness or death is countered by how fortunate I am today. There’s nothing like a healthy set of lungs to breathe… Healthy pancreas… Healthy colon… Healthy legs to walk on… And so forth. How awesome are those things?

I responded to treatment -lungs, (IL-2) last summer.
                                  Then 2 months laterI had an event – brain met, treated.
                                  Then 1 month later I had another brain met, treated.

I’ve been stable for six months. I’m ‘naked’ – i.e. Not on any treatment, there’s not much I’ve seen in the way of adjuvan clinical trials.

I figure there’s a lot of ways my life could be taken besides melanoma, even still– get run over, car crash, etc. So maybe everybody should be obsessing over mortality. Not just us. Maybe a little bit more of that on average might even be healthy — for the healthy.

kylez
                                  Participant
                                    Since I’m not in any pain and am stable today I’m so lucky. Simple things that I take for granted I’m so lucky to still be able to do. So any obsessing on fear of illness or death is countered by how fortunate I am today. There’s nothing like a healthy set of lungs to breathe… Healthy pancreas… Healthy colon… Healthy legs to walk on… And so forth. How awesome are those things?

I responded to treatment -lungs, (IL-2) last summer.
                                    Then 2 months laterI had an event – brain met, treated.
                                    Then 1 month later I had another brain met, treated.

I’ve been stable for six months. I’m ‘naked’ – i.e. Not on any treatment, there’s not much I’ve seen in the way of adjuvan clinical trials.

I figure there’s a lot of ways my life could be taken besides melanoma, even still– get run over, car crash, etc. So maybe everybody should be obsessing over mortality. Not just us. Maybe a little bit more of that on average might even be healthy — for the healthy.

bluepeople
                                    Participant

Hubby is stage IIC, diagnosed August 2010.  He's in the middle of the LD interferon and all seems to be fine now.  I always worry that it will come back, but we have a life to live too, and that's more important at this point.  We have a 15-yr old and a 19 month old who definitely keep us on our feet.  We just bought a couple dirtbikes which we hope to get out riding soon.  You can't let it run your life.  Good luck, keep your spirits up!

Akilyn

bluepeople
                                      Participant

Hubby is stage IIC, diagnosed August 2010.  He's in the middle of the LD interferon and all seems to be fine now.  I always worry that it will come back, but we have a life to live too, and that's more important at this point.  We have a 15-yr old and a 19 month old who definitely keep us on our feet.  We just bought a couple dirtbikes which we hope to get out riding soon.  You can't let it run your life.  Good luck, keep your spirits up!

Akilyn

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics