The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Waiting…Wait some more.

Forums General Melanoma Community Waiting…Wait some more.

Participant

Waiting sure does suck the big one.  I believe it is one of the major stressors for me, the not knowing…Here's the deal.  Waiting for confirmation that the nodes or I should say tumors in my right lung have doubled in size and  had uptake are melanoma (please tell me it was a mistake).  Seeing Dr. Daud next tuesday for options.  I was hoping to hear from someone yesterday, but alas the PET scan disc was sitting on someone's desk.  UGH!  I was hoping to get whatever out before Dec.

Waiting sure does suck the big one.  I believe it is one of the major stressors for me, the not knowing…Here's the deal.  Waiting for confirmation that the nodes or I should say tumors in my right lung have doubled in size and  had uptake are melanoma (please tell me it was a mistake).  Seeing Dr. Daud next tuesday for options.  I was hoping to hear from someone yesterday, but alas the PET scan disc was sitting on someone's desk.  UGH!  I was hoping to get whatever out before Dec. 1 when my deductible goes up to the astronomical amount of $10,000.00.  yes, you read that right. 

Going though loads of emotions at the moment…

Suzan AB

Stage IV

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Fen
        Participant

Suzan – get on the phone and explain the insurance issues to the "insert posterior body part" who are holding this up.  It sat on someone's desk!!  Geez!  Can you get in to see Dr. Daud earlier if you use the insurance issue.    Just be direct and indicate that you're keeping notes on the process so you can convince your insurance company it was the hospital's lack of responsibility that caused you to go into December.  

I hope someone more calm responds because right now I'm so angry I'm ready to call them myself. Want me to?  

Please update.

Fen

Fen
          Participant

Suzan – get on the phone and explain the insurance issues to the "insert posterior body part" who are holding this up.  It sat on someone's desk!!  Geez!  Can you get in to see Dr. Daud earlier if you use the insurance issue.    Just be direct and indicate that you're keeping notes on the process so you can convince your insurance company it was the hospital's lack of responsibility that caused you to go into December.  

I hope someone more calm responds because right now I'm so angry I'm ready to call them myself. Want me to?  

Please update.

Fen

Dynasysman
            Participant

I'm with Fen…all the better if you can keep the manifest anger out of your voice.  Letting the disk "sit on someone's desk" is inhuman virtually to the point of cruel.  The deductible issue (a) increases the costs and (b) gives you one more dimension of moral leverage is asking them to get their stuff together.  Hit it hard, hit it this morning.

Not to inject politics into this, but every time I hear about "market-based solutions" to the health care system in the US, this is the crap people have always had to put up with.  Make these people sensitive to your situation, and hold them accountable for their actions.

Suzan AB
                Participant

Sending an email now.  I don't believe Dr. Daud understood the problem…I will be at work…working to pay the insane amounts for insurance…angry to say the least…thanks for the replies…Suz

Suzan AB
                  Participant

Sending an email now.  I don't believe Dr. Daud understood the problem…I will be at work…working to pay the insane amounts for insurance…angry to say the least…thanks for the replies…Suz

Dynasysman
                  Participant

I'm with Fen…all the better if you can keep the manifest anger out of your voice.  Letting the disk "sit on someone's desk" is inhuman virtually to the point of cruel.  The deductible issue (a) increases the costs and (b) gives you one more dimension of moral leverage is asking them to get their stuff together.  Hit it hard, hit it this morning.

Not to inject politics into this, but every time I hear about "market-based solutions" to the health care system in the US, this is the crap people have always had to put up with.  Make these people sensitive to your situation, and hold them accountable for their actions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics