The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Waiting is killing me

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Waiting is killing me

Participant

Ok there's my story ….39 years old mother of two beautiful babies ! Been in USA only for less then 10 years originally from east Europe . 

For like over 20 yrs I have some very strange looking mole behind my knee ,never bother me but last months got bigger and darker .Went to my family doctor last week and he gave me scary look and send me to dermatologist !

Been there 3 days ago and he spend no more then 2 seconds did a biopsy and walk out !!! Not a word !!!!! 

Now I am convinced that it's melanoma ! 

The mole looked like a skin tag with very dark brown irregular top ! Can't stop crying going crazy !!! My kids have no one other then me !!!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ldub
        Participant

First of all, please don't get ahead of yourself.  Melanoma is still relatively rare and your mole is stastically likely to be something else and benign.  Don't torture yourself with ideas before you even know.  And let me just say if you have doctors who don't explain themselves when they perform invasive procedures – no matter what they are – you need to find  new ones as this has clearly left you  distressed.  All of us here are touched by melanoma in some way and at some level – many of us are parents and have gone through the kind of anxiety you are experiencing so we understand.  That said, odds are in your favor – so just wait for your biopsy results knowing that!  Either way, you have a large and supportive community here to help – good luck and keeping fingers crossed that your results will OK.

DaniS
            Participant

Just one more time thank you! Keep reading your post over and over and making me feel much better !

DaniS
            Participant

Thank you so much !!!!!! Your words mean so much to me ! I have no family here with me and all my friends making fun of me being worried over " the mole" ! That's how much people know about melanoma ! Well I wasn't any better until I start reading online and educated myself .

you are right not much I can do at this point and I will never go to this doctor again ! I was crying the whole time and he couldn't even take five min of his time to explain and give me some information on what is he going to do ! 

Again thank you so much !!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics