The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vulvar primary site:?

Forums General Melanoma Community Vulvar primary site:?

Participant
      Anyone else here who had their primary on their vulva? Mine was on my left labia minora; considered a dermal lesion. This is a rare primary location (and I have had a local recurrence in the lymph nodes recently, but my doc says that this does not constitute a metastasis). I am curious to find other women who’ve had their primary site there. Having the discussion about immune therapy in two weeks now that I’ve had the recurrence after a year and a half of clean scans. I found the enlarged lymph node about a month before the next scan would have been scheduled.

I am also a daughter of a parent who died of melanoma. While this suggests a genetic cause for mine, testing revealed no known genetic markers. So if you’ve had this primary site, any chance you had a parent with melanoma as well?

Thanks for any responses.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          Well, I’m in the 50% that wouldn’t have any chance of personal experience here, but I hate to see a post go without a reply, so just posting to wish you good luck with the immunotherapy. Sounds like not too many people have this site as a primary, but lots of people have experience with immunotherapy, so you’ll probably get more help on questions around that. Best of luck.
          THMoore
          Participant
            A friend of mine had the tumor in the same area around 5 years ago. Never had melanoma before. She was shocked. But after surgery, a round of radiation and NIVO she has been clear every since. She was around 60 when diagnosed. Hang tough.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics