The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vervoy (ippi) with GM-CSF clinical trial has closed

Forums General Melanoma Community Vervoy (ippi) with GM-CSF clinical trial has closed

Participant

Hello,

Many of you know that I am part of the Vervoy clinical trail with Vervoy (Ippi) with GM-CSF or just Vervoy and no GM-CSF. Mine is with the GM-CSF. Today was my first maintenance follow up treatment ( my fifth dosage of ippi ) ,as this is part of the trial. I am on the high dose version 10 mg/kg.  Any way back to the Subject.  My nurse today informed me that this trial closed yesterday (July 28,2011) as BMS has enough patients for their study trial. My melanoma tumors are regressing very well with the ippi and the GM-CSF treatments.

Hello,

Many of you know that I am part of the Vervoy clinical trail with Vervoy (Ippi) with GM-CSF or just Vervoy and no GM-CSF. Mine is with the GM-CSF. Today was my first maintenance follow up treatment ( my fifth dosage of ippi ) ,as this is part of the trial. I am on the high dose version 10 mg/kg.  Any way back to the Subject.  My nurse today informed me that this trial closed yesterday (July 28,2011) as BMS has enough patients for their study trial. My melanoma tumors are regressing very well with the ippi and the GM-CSF treatments.

Best Wishes to all fighting this beast!

Gene, Stage 4

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        margaretrogers57
        Participant

My Husband is also on this trial in TN.  He's had 2 infusions.  His primary was ocular melanoma.  What side effects did you have.  He just has itching and whelps where shots are given of the gm-csf.  Some days his blood pressure is low and he's had mild headaches.  He has tumors in his liver 4 or so small ones less than cm, 2 right outside liver, and one possible one on vertebrae.  Would love to hear from you.  Margaret

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello Margaret,

My side effects were the same as your husbands. The itch was driving me crazy for some time, some believe that this is a sign of it working! I also had red whelps where the shot were injected, they get better over time. I am still doing the shots and now have no whelps. I have been taking the shots in the back of my thighs as this is where its hurts the least for me. Also found out that smaller injection needles hurts less, it takes a little longer to inject treatment but much less painful. I also felt somewhat different in my body between the second and third treatment, a sort of feeling really good. No way to explain it it other than after this treatment I really felt good. The tumors on the back of my scalp also began to quickly shrink!

I also believe in Prayers and family and friends and being in the high range of Vitamin D3 for this treatment to work for me.

I will be doing my next scans next week on the 19th and will keep all informed.

Best Wishes,

Gene

Gene_S
              Participant

Hello Margaret,

My side effects were the same as your husbands. The itch was driving me crazy for some time, some believe that this is a sign of it working! I also had red whelps where the shot were injected, they get better over time. I am still doing the shots and now have no whelps. I have been taking the shots in the back of my thighs as this is where its hurts the least for me. Also found out that smaller injection needles hurts less, it takes a little longer to inject treatment but much less painful. I also felt somewhat different in my body between the second and third treatment, a sort of feeling really good. No way to explain it it other than after this treatment I really felt good. The tumors on the back of my scalp also began to quickly shrink!

I also believe in Prayers and family and friends and being in the high range of Vitamin D3 for this treatment to work for me.

I will be doing my next scans next week on the 19th and will keep all informed.

Best Wishes,

Gene

margaretrogers57
              Participant

My Husband is also on this trial in TN.  He's had 2 infusions.  His primary was ocular melanoma.  What side effects did you have.  He just has itching and whelps where shots are given of the gm-csf.  Some days his blood pressure is low and he's had mild headaches.  He has tumors in his liver 4 or so small ones less than cm, 2 right outside liver, and one possible one on vertebrae.  Would love to hear from you.  Margaret

rimavh
                Participant

Gene,

How are you doing with the Vervoy treatments?  My niece has uveal cancer with liver metastis and will begin the treatment with Dr. Sato in the next few weeks.

Gene_S
                    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for  your inquiry.  So far so good.  I am on the maintenance version of my clinical trial and I am going for  the 4 regular in 12 weeks and 4 maintenance (72 weeks) on Friday.  My concern for your niece is why are they going to wait a couple of weeks to start?  When I was originally trying to get onto a clinical trial I was disqualified for oncovex due to how rapid the tumors in my liver were growing in a short period of time. 

Best Wishes to you and your niece,

Gene

Gene_S
                      Participant

Hello,

Thanks for  your inquiry.  So far so good.  I am on the maintenance version of my clinical trial and I am going for  the 4 regular in 12 weeks and 4 maintenance (72 weeks) on Friday.  My concern for your niece is why are they going to wait a couple of weeks to start?  When I was originally trying to get onto a clinical trial I was disqualified for oncovex due to how rapid the tumors in my liver were growing in a short period of time. 

Gene

Gene_S
                        Participant

Hello,

Gene

rimavh
                        Participant

Gene,

How are you doing with the Vervoy treatments?  My niece has uveal cancer with liver metastis and will begin the treatment with Dr. Sato in the next few weeks.

rimavh
                          Participant

Gene,

Viewing 4 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics