The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update Post Surgery Clinical Trial Etc

Forums General Melanoma Community Update Post Surgery Clinical Trial Etc

Participant

So i got the scans and tests done for the Ipi v Interferon clinical Trial at UCLA for my head melanoma….

PET Scan verbal report came back with 2 hot nodes…one directly under the dissection site and the other behind my clavacle. 

I am only 5 weeks out of surgery….this of course put me on hold for that trial and we await the complete PET-CT report.

5 weeks after they remove my parotid gland and 60 lymph nodes….I get two things that prelim reports show as hot perfectly round nodes….is this normal wierd etc?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        noisy77
        Participant

I'm not sure- but I do know after my moms lymph node dissection – the whole area showed up as "hot" on the next PET scan.  

noisy77
          Participant

I'm not sure- but I do know after my moms lymph node dissection – the whole area showed up as "hot" on the next PET scan.  

MattF
              Participant

See thats what i expected…maybe the jaw , cheek and ear to show up as a hot mass….

but the verbal "telephone report" certainly makes it sound as if it is two identifiable nodes 3 to 4 inches apart. 

thanks

killmel
                Participant

Matt,

I am sorry to hear that the verbal report indicates further active disease. There is never a "norm" when dealing with melanoma. Try not to worry.

Angela

killmel
                  Participant

Matt, Forgot is ask you whether or not you are going forward with the clinical trial?

killmel
                    Participant

Matt, Forgot is ask you whether or not you are going forward with the clinical trial?

killmel
                      Participant

killmel
                        Participant

Matt,

I am sorry to hear that the verbal report indicates further active disease. There is never a "norm" when dealing with melanoma. Try not to worry.

Angela

killmel
                          Participant

Matt,

Angela

MattF
                            Participant

See thats what i expected…maybe the jaw , cheek and ear to show up as a hot mass….

but the verbal "telephone report" certainly makes it sound as if it is two identifiable nodes 3 to 4 inches apart. 

thanks

MattF
                              Participant

thanks

94z28joe
                                Participant

matt I had the same surgery and they saw a couple nodes in my neck that they didnt like after a scan and sent me for a ultrasound fine needle asperation. my results came back clean they think they where just that way from the surgery as the havent changed (fingers crossed) since then so far. I was able to get into the Ippi trial wish you luck. 

94z28joe
                                  Participant

matt I had the same surgery and they saw a couple nodes in my neck that they didnt like after a scan and sent me for a ultrasound fine needle asperation. my results came back clean they think they where just that way from the surgery as the havent changed (fingers crossed) since then so far. I was able to get into the Ippi trial wish you luck. 

94z28joe
                                    Participant

noisy77
                                    Participant

Tina D
                                      Participant

Five weeks seems soon for a PET after surgery. Those areas can be likely to uptake because of the tissue damage, etc. Hopefully that is all that is being seen here. What is the plan at this point? I am sure this is frustrating, to say the least… How are you feeling as far as your recovery goes? That was a big surgery youhad.

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

Five weeks seems soon for a PET after surgery. Those areas can be likely to uptake because of the tissue damage, etc. Hopefully that is all that is being seen here. What is the plan at this point? I am sure this is frustrating, to say the least… How are you feeling as far as your recovery goes? That was a big surgery youhad.

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics