The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update & pan-RAF?

Forums General Melanoma Community Update & pan-RAF?

Participant
      As some of you know, I'm on Tafinlar for 6 months and Menkist for 1.  I thought I was failing again, so I literally ran to Dr. Pavlick's office on Wednesday, and my scalp mets (relatively new) look better on their photo, and even better, my LDH went down considerably. Have MRI scheduled for 2/12.  My brain feels ok (no loss of speech, confusion, etc. that have accompanied prior mets.)

Dr. P told me about Pan-RAF yesterday, which is in a phase 1 clinical trial.  I've been researching it, and found it on clinicaltrials.gov.  The # is MLN2480.
      Supposedly it's for use in BRAF+ people…I THINK they either use it alone or might take away the Menkist and add the Pan-RAF drug.  I also think it's for MEK resistance???
      I said to her "well, what happens if I fail with BRAF/MEK and PD1 is still not approved; will I miss out on this trial like I did at Sloan with PD1 phase1?"  She said no, she thinks this will be around for a while.

anyone know anything about it?  Jerry??

BTW, I heard PD1 Q3 2014.  Fingers crossed!

Karen

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

"Pan-RAF" inhibitors are a new class of drugs intended to inhibit more than one protein involved in tumor cell proliferation. Takeda Pharmaceuticals has invented or purchased two such drugs named "MLN2480" and "TAK-632" which could be used for a number of different types of cancer. They are both in Phase 1 clinical trials.

You can read more about them at: http://meetinglibrary.asco.org/content/114757-132

The MLN2480 clinical trial is NTC01425008

NYKaren
            Participant

Thanks. 

NYKaren
              Participant

Thanks. 

NYKaren
                Participant

Thanks. 

POW
                Participant

"Pan-RAF" inhibitors are a new class of drugs intended to inhibit more than one protein involved in tumor cell proliferation. Takeda Pharmaceuticals has invented or purchased two such drugs named "MLN2480" and "TAK-632" which could be used for a number of different types of cancer. They are both in Phase 1 clinical trials.

You can read more about them at: http://meetinglibrary.asco.org/content/114757-132

POW
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics