The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update on WLE and Full neck dissection melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community update on WLE and Full neck dissection melanoma

Participant
      HI everyone

I’m home and best rest had my WLE and neck dissection Nov 4th. Drain tube came out today recovering good.

Doctor talk to my husband after surgery I won’t talk or see doctor until Nov 17th hope path report back by then. Anyhow he said I have a great chance of beating this surgery was success and I won’t need radiation or chemo however will require immunotherapy which will be discussed on final path report.

One day at a time… just thought I would follow up and say thank you to all for ur support and crossing fingers it was just one lymph node and not more than that as we knew one was positive from fine needle.

Feeling ok tired no energy and in a lot of pain but nothing meds and rest can’t help with. This wasn’t as bad considering I had pregnancy worst then this surgery. The surgery was very comprehensive but I had a great doctor who is actually chief of oncology so I fell confident I am in good hands and which treatment is suggested be what I need to fight this demon away.

Much love from Canada Lisa xo

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        debwray
        Participant

Hi Lisa,

Good healing and well wishes for the best possible path report.  Sounds like you are managing to keep a great attitude and your docs are inspiring confidence- long may it continue …

Thank you for posting the outcome of surgery- good for other to see if they are facing similar. Sharing experience does help.

Hugs

Deb

lmccann2016
            Participant
              Hi Dec thank u. And yes I wanted to post so others know kinda what to expect. There is a lot of healing but one day at a time. No matter what outcome I have today and right now that’s all I’m concerned with. Enjoying life. Healing to get strenght to fight this beast of cancer.
              lmccann2016
              Participant
                Hi Dec thank u. And yes I wanted to post so others know kinda what to expect. There is a lot of healing but one day at a time. No matter what outcome I have today and right now that’s all I’m concerned with. Enjoying life. Healing to get strenght to fight this beast of cancer.
                lmccann2016
                Participant
                debwray
                Participant

Hi Lisa,

Good healing and well wishes for the best possible path report.  Sounds like you are managing to keep a great attitude and your docs are inspiring confidence- long may it continue …

Thank you for posting the outcome of surgery- good for other to see if they are facing similar. Sharing experience does help.

Hugs

Deb

debwray
                  Participant

Hi Lisa,

Hugs

Deb

SOLE
                    Participant

Dear Lisa,

So nice to hear back from you! I am glad you are still keeping it up! don't hesitate to get the appropriate pain killers. There is really no need to feel pain.

Happy for you also that all went well this time with that surgery. 

I'm sure they won't find anything more in those lymph nodes. You will be fine.

You will likely be offered to enter the pembro-interferon trial I think, or go with interferon directly.

Since I have not had CLND (yet?) and because of a platelet condition I have which is not resolved yet, i can't go in trials (ever?) and I am getting a bit tired debating about interferon. In the meantime, I have completely changed my diet (vegan), been taking supplements, trying to change my state of mind, etc… Something a lot of people must be doing I suspect. I thought I would share with you because I think there is something to our diet and our psychological conditions that can play an important role in healing.

My very best wishes to you!

Let's keep in touch through email if you feel like it!

Love from Montreal xxx

Sole

SOLE
                      Participant

Dear Lisa,

So nice to hear back from you! I am glad you are still keeping it up! don't hesitate to get the appropriate pain killers. There is really no need to feel pain.

You will likely be offered to enter the pembro-interferon trial I think, or go with interferon directly.

Since I have not had CLND (yet?) and because of a platelet condition I have which is not resolved yet, i can't go in trials (ever?) and I am getting a bit tired debating about interferon. In the meantime, I have completely changed my diet (vegan), been taking supplements, trying to change my state of mind, etc… Something a lot of people must be doing I suspect. I thought I would share with you because I think there is something to our diet and our psychological conditions that can play an important role in healing.

Love from Montreal xxx

Sole

SOLE
                        Participant

Dear Lisa,

Love from Montreal xxx

Sole

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics