The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

update on Pete

Forums General Melanoma Community update on Pete

Participant

Hi everyone

We found out 2 days ago that Pete's melanoma has spread again.  As I posted previously, he had a brain met in November, followed by a craniotomy and gamma knife radiation in Nov/Dec 2014.  He had a PET scan in mid February which showed mets in liver, spine, and muscle.  He's going to start Yervoy on March 11.  We are in Canada and the drug protocols here require that he have one dose of Dacarbazine before he qualifiies for the Yervoy, and must fail the Yervoy before being able to start Opdivo (Nivo).  He had the Dacarbazine yesterday.  I am hoping that he doesn't have serious side effects from the Yervoy and that he responds, but our oncologist said there is only a 25% response rate to Yervoy, which isn't great.   I read the forum postings every day and learn so much from everyone here.

Yasmin

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hello Yazmin,

My husband was a success with Yervoy and started a clinical trial in Mar. 2022.  He was stage IV and has been NED for over 2 years.  He also had very little side effects and most were not bad.  If you would like to read more check out his profile.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hello Yazmin,

My husband was a success with Yervoy and started a clinical trial in Mar. 2022.  He was stage IV and has been NED for over 2 years.  He also had very little side effects and most were not bad.  If you would like to read more check out his profile.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello Yazmin,

arthurjedi007
              Participant

You only need that one med that works like for Judy's husband. If you are the lucky one it works for then great. If you want to increase the odds there are some trials in the states combining yervoy and opdivo. Side affects can be severe but a good med team can handle them. I think they are at Tampa Houston and maybe other places.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

You only need that one med that works like for Judy's husband. If you are the lucky one it works for then great. If you want to increase the odds there are some trials in the states combining yervoy and opdivo. Side affects can be severe but a good med team can handle them. I think they are at Tampa Houston and maybe other places.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics