The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on next procedure

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on next procedure

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

I had originally wrotd for the first time here end of Feb 2018. Seems as if my new surgeon, after looking at the latest path report wants to go back into the original Wide excision, and take more. The margins were not enough (need 2 cm clear all around). But FIRST he will do the lymph mapping and then SNB. Finally. That procedure should have been done PRIOR to my WLE. I am angry but at same time grateful for my new expert surgeon from Siteman Cancer center in St. Louis. Now I have to wait until Apr 13th for those surgerys…He is one of the leading researchers in Melanoma and surgical oncologists. My team is getting stronger. He said chances are 15-20% that it has spread. We will find out. But I just wasted all this time and money the last few months! How to stop being angry? Not sure. So many emotions…anyone have dealings with The Siteman Cancer Center team (St Louis) ? Lastly, I am grateful for all of you and this site. No one understands this terrible cancer and that is so sad.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics