The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on MagnoliaSrpings Linda S…had surgery at Moffitt Today

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on MagnoliaSrpings Linda S…had surgery at Moffitt Today

Participant

About Linda S in Florida (stage 4 melanoma). My best buddy! Linda had surgery today at Moffitt.They were planning on removing a 5 inch area which was thought to be infection or melanoma..Surgery over-doing fine considering…she has her happy pump which keeps her sleeping.

About Linda S in Florida (stage 4 melanoma). My best buddy! Linda had surgery today at Moffitt.They were planning on removing a 5 inch area which was thought to be infection or melanoma..Surgery over-doing fine considering…she has her happy pump which keeps her sleeping.

-growth in intestine was larger than expected…took out 1/2 of large intestines…cancer was everywhere…all of ascending is gone and 1/2 of transverse…that is 3/4 of large intestines. Melanoma was size of grapefruit that they removed…
      They couldn't remove it all because it is wrapped around the intestine and major arteries…will do trial after she recovers using her melanoma cells…
      They were also hoping to tray and remove  two around her stomach in a fatty layer since they were in there but couldn't…too close to major vessels…

The one in her lungs remains about size of golf ball ( was size of grapefruit) and one remains under her arm…she managed to stage on the YM-155-docetaxel-longer then anyone on the trial…11 cycles. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis ( an auto immune disease) which keeps her from doing any immunotherapy! pray for her please…

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

hi

Thank you for posting.  Please pass along strong thoughts and prayers her way.  I am glad she as a good friend by her side. 

laurie

Laurie from maine
          Participant

hi

Thank you for posting.  Please pass along strong thoughts and prayers her way.  I am glad she as a good friend by her side. 

laurie

jag
            Participant

nice to hear that Linda has somebody taking such good care of her! Give her time to heal, and then move on to the next treatment.

jag
              Participant

nice to hear that Linda has somebody taking such good care of her! Give her time to heal, and then move on to the next treatment.

LynnLuc
                Participant

I will go see her at Moffitt on Sunday and take the kind regards. Her family is down so I am waiting with bated breath. It is probably better to give her a few days…I know when I had my thoracotomy I wasn't in the best form to see people either… we are all in the melanoma fight together.  If I had my way I would be sleeping in the bed beside hers ..I worry about her soooooo much!

LynnLuc
                    Participant

PS she is also one of those patients who continually requested PET scans and only got CTs and MRI's,,,

LynnLuc
                      Participant

PS she is also one of those patients who continually requested PET scans and only got CTs and MRI's,,,

LynnLuc
                      Participant

I will go see her at Moffitt on Sunday and take the kind regards. Her family is down so I am waiting with bated breath. It is probably better to give her a few days…I know when I had my thoracotomy I wasn't in the best form to see people either… we are all in the melanoma fight together.  If I had my way I would be sleeping in the bed beside hers ..I worry about her soooooo much!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics