The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update on Ipi versus Nivo trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Update on Ipi versus Nivo trial

Participant

Today marks week 12 for my husband on the Ipi versus Nivo trial at Texas Oncology.  He is Stage iiib and we are hoping for the best as scans are already underway.  We should meet with our doctor later today to see if we can proceed with treatment.  

He and I both feel fortunate as he has experienced very little side effects.  He is either getting 9mg of Ipi or 3mg of Nivo.  A little fatigue the day of/after treatments.  At the beginning had a slight rash on his arm but it went away.  A little upset stomach here and there but to date hasn't had to offset it with meds.  Bloodwork has been in the normal range and low LDH when they've tested him for it.  He will be tested for LDH again today.

I've read so many positive things about this trial and hopeful that the efficacy we all expect to see with these drugs being used in adjuvant setting prove in the research.  Here's to hope!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        geriakt
        Participant

I am on the same trial. I am on week 3 so far. Yesterday I developed ichy skin all over. I was only tired after my first double infusion. Did you get a port?

Tom

dentholla
            Participant

Hi Tom, no port and I don't think he's planning on it either.  He hates getting stuck all the time but from here on out he's getting infusions every other week so that helps.

He had itchy skin but it's gone away now. I think he put some topical cream on it but it never really bothered him.  We got his scans back Tuesday and all is clear so 3 months NED. 

Good luck to you on the trial. 

Kristi

Beehappy
              Participant

This is so great to hear!  My husband is in the same trial although he just started his first infusion was 2 weeks ago.  He was diagnosed 3c and we are thrilled to be in this study (as the only other treatment offered would have been Interferon).  Congratulations on NED status!  

Best of luck yo you both on this journey.

Bee

Beehappy
                Participant

This is so great to hear!  My husband is in the same trial although he just started his first infusion was 2 weeks ago.  He was diagnosed 3c and we are thrilled to be in this study (as the only other treatment offered would have been Interferon).  Congratulations on NED status!  

Bee

Beehappy
                  Participant

Bee

dentholla
                    Participant

Hi Tom, no port and I don't think he's planning on it either.  He hates getting stuck all the time but from here on out he's getting infusions every other week so that helps.

He had itchy skin but it's gone away now. I think he put some topical cream on it but it never really bothered him.  We got his scans back Tuesday and all is clear so 3 months NED. 

Kristi

dentholla
                      Participant

Kristi

geriakt
                      Participant

I am on the same trial. I am on week 3 so far. Yesterday I developed ichy skin all over. I was only tired after my first double infusion. Did you get a port?

Tom

geriakt
                        Participant

Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics