The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update: Caught a fast changing character before 1mm!

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Update: Caught a fast changing character before 1mm!

Participant

I had a 3 month wait but finally the appointment came round. Punch biopsy came back as 0.9mm Breslow Clark's 3 looking like a nodular melanoma. WLE and SLNB to follow. The location is behind my knee and well vigilance works!

I had taken a photo a year ago of a new mole that didn't look classically malignant but was starting the change. To me on the photo on the day of the appointment it looks nodular.

Not too worried, more kinda at peace and assurred in my checking routine. Got it taken care of pre 1mm! Woooho!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        ldub
        Participant

That's awesome! Self skin awareness is key.

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics