The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update about brain mets treatments

Forums General Melanoma Community Update about brain mets treatments

Participant
      Hi all, sorry I’ve posted this also at the end of my earlier post but wasn’t sure which was easier to see?
      So sorry not been in touch for a while but I chickened out of getting a second opinion!
      After my last update on this thread I met with the neuro oncologist an appointment arranged by my oncologist.
      He reiterated that I was definitely not for further SRS at this time. He had discussed my case with the neuro oncology team and apparently the decision was taken for two reasons, I think!
      Primarily because the new brain mets are soo slow growing it was felt rather than taking the risk of SRS complications, see what success we had with the four ipilimumab mono treatments.
      Secondly, this is the one I’m not sure if I am right, because they feel that the met that has been zapped two years ago, is now a mix of both necrosis and further tumour. I have a copy of the last MRI scan results if anyone can help with that?
      And he wasn’t for budging!
      I’ve now had two ipilimumab mono treatments but I’m still feeling so worried sick about whether it’s the right thing? And wanting to try to be better prepared for all eventualities?

Can anyone help/advise me where to go now? Do I wait until mid April’s MRI Scan and then push? Especially for me to get a bit of backbone?! Thanks so much for any help anyone can give? 🤞🙏

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Rosiepup
        Participant
          Sorry I know a good few of you have already given me your thoughts and loads of information in previous messages!
          I really just need to get my head, pardon the pun,😬 round everything!
          Sorry about being repetitive!
          All advice and information has been greatly appreciated!
          I just find it hard to fight the system, especially here in Scotland!
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Hang in there!  I know it is so hard to deal with your own health status and fears, a disease that is complex, and a system that isn’t making things any easier!  Wishing you my very best.  c
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics