The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Upcoming webinar @ Jefferson

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Upcoming webinar @ Jefferson

Participant

Renee Zalinsky at Jefferson asked me to spread the word:

Webinar next Thursday, November 21st at 1pm EST with Dr. Jingduan Yang who will discuss integrative care and the mind/body connection in confronting cancer. Dr. Yang is the Founder and Medical Director of Integrative Psychiatry and Natural Medicine at New York's Tao Institute.

We want to provide questions from the OM community to Dr. Yang in advance of the webinar, so please submit ideas and inquiries to Jessica:  jessica@ocularmelanoma

Audio dial-in: +1 (773) 897-3000

Access code: 686-229-485

About Dr. Yang

Dr. Jingduan Yang is a leading physician, board-certified psychiatrist and international expert on classic forms of Chinese Medicine. He uniquely incorporates acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, neuro-emotional technique, nutritional and dietary consultation, psychotherapy and medication management in the care of patients with a variety of emotional and physical illnesses. Following family tradition, he is a fifth generation teacher and practitioner of Chinese medicine, specializing in acupuncture.

Dr. Yang received his medical and neurology training at the Fourth Military Medical University in Xian, China and completed a research fellowship in clinical psychopharmacology at Oxford University in the United Kingdom as well as residency training in psychiatry at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He has authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and has been a speaker at several national and international conferences and academic forums. In 2008, after two years of intensive training in areas including botanical medicine, mind-body physiology, nutrition, and holistic clinical care, Dr. Yang completed a prestigious Integrative Medicine Fellowship at the University of Arizona launched in 2000 by internationally-recognized integrative medicine pioneer Dr. Andrew Weil.

Dr. Yang is the founder and medical director of Tao Integrative Medicine. In addition, Dr. Yang is the Director of Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture Program at the Jefferson Mryna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine and Assistant Professor of psychiatry and human behavior at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jeanjean
        Participant

Hello there,

I am newly diagnosed and getting up to speed here. This webinar would have been interesting, and would loved to have seen it. Do they ever record them or have such things available for playback anywhere on this site? Are videos made and put onto YouTube or anywhere else?

Please let me know when you can. I'm 48 and otherwise very healthy. Had my enucealtion just 6 weeks ago, and now with pathology in, finally know what I am faceing. So far it has not spread, so looking for mind/body preventatives would be right up my alley.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jean

jeanjean
          Participant

Hello there,

I am newly diagnosed and getting up to speed here. This webinar would have been interesting, and would loved to have seen it. Do they ever record them or have such things available for playback anywhere on this site? Are videos made and put onto YouTube or anywhere else?

Please let me know when you can. I'm 48 and otherwise very healthy. Had my enucealtion just 6 weeks ago, and now with pathology in, finally know what I am faceing. So far it has not spread, so looking for mind/body preventatives would be right up my alley.

Jean

jeanjean
            Participant

Hello there,

Jean

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics