The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Upcoming Educational Symposia in Tampa and Boston

Forums Caregiver Community Upcoming Educational Symposia in Tampa and Boston

Inactive

Together with the Moffit Cancer Research Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, the Melanoma Research Foundation presents a day of melanoma education dedicated to melanoma patients and the people who support them.

LIVING WITH MELANOMA – SCIENCE TO SURVIVORSHIP

Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010 at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Research Center in Tampa, FL

Friday, Oct. 22, 2010 at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA

Together with the Moffit Cancer Research Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, the Melanoma Research Foundation presents a day of melanoma education dedicated to melanoma patients and the people who support them.

LIVING WITH MELANOMA – SCIENCE TO SURVIVORSHIP

Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010 at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Research Center in Tampa, FL

Friday, Oct. 22, 2010 at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA

Symposia are FREE to patients, caregivers, family members, and health care providers.  You can register on our website under Programs — Educational Programs — Upcoming Educational Programs.  Lunch will be provided. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ValinMtl
        Participant

I was wondering if anybody plans to attend the Boston Symposium.  I have information from them but wondered if anybody is going or has been in the past and found it helpful. Thinking maybe it might offer suggestions for next treatment if the 'ipi' doesn't work…looking for back-up plan.  Any recommendations or if you are going are appreciated. I would have to fly down from Plattsburgh for the day.

Registration will begin at 8am and we will wrap up the Q&A around 4pm.  It will be held in The Shriner’s Auitorium – Blossom Street (across from Massachusetts General Hospital).

Topics include:

“Melanoma Landscape and Trends”

“Tanning Beds, Sun Addiction”

“Sun Protective Behavior”

“I’ve Been Diagnosed with Melanoma, Now What?”

“New Hope for Melanoma: Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy”

“Surviving Melanoma”

“The Future of Melanoma”

“Genes and Environment”

“Cancer: How I Survived 3 Times – What You Need to Know”

ValinMtl
          Participant

I was wondering if anybody plans to attend the Boston Symposium.  I have information from them but wondered if anybody is going or has been in the past and found it helpful. Thinking maybe it might offer suggestions for next treatment if the 'ipi' doesn't work…looking for back-up plan.  Any recommendations or if you are going are appreciated. I would have to fly down from Plattsburgh for the day.

Registration will begin at 8am and we will wrap up the Q&A around 4pm.  It will be held in The Shriner’s Auitorium – Blossom Street (across from Massachusetts General Hospital).

Topics include:

“Melanoma Landscape and Trends”

“Tanning Beds, Sun Addiction”

“Sun Protective Behavior”

“I’ve Been Diagnosed with Melanoma, Now What?”

“New Hope for Melanoma: Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy”

“Surviving Melanoma”

“The Future of Melanoma”

“Genes and Environment”

“Cancer: How I Survived 3 Times – What You Need to Know”

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics