The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Unplanned Scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Unplanned Scan

Participant
      I am now 17 months into Mek combo and have had very little issues until this month. Started as pain in back and legs that went away and now seems to be a little more persistent. After 4 days in a row, decided to call the oncologist. I am having CT and MRI, am praying this is nerve or muscle related and not bone Mets (which I had before). I know the statistics with Mek and am concerned it has stopped working, but it seems like a sudden onset. This makes me anxious.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant

I'm BRAF and NRAS negative so can't really add anything other than I will pray your results are good and that you are able to have peace. The anxiety is overwhelming and if I told you I was at peace all the time I'd be a liar and hypocrite. I'm just sorry you're experiencing these anxious emotions. It's hard but hang in best you can!

Josh

rabbits68
            Participant
              Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate your kind words. It’s a feeling only shared by those who’ve experienced it. Trying to keep positive and patient.
              rabbits68
              Participant
                Thank you for your prayers. I appreciate your kind words. It’s a feeling only shared by those who’ve experienced it. Trying to keep positive and patient.
                rabbits68
                Participant
                JoshF
                Participant

I'm BRAF and NRAS negative so can't really add anything other than I will pray your results are good and that you are able to have peace. The anxiety is overwhelming and if I told you I was at peace all the time I'd be a liar and hypocrite. I'm just sorry you're experiencing these anxious emotions. It's hard but hang in best you can!

Josh

JoshF
                  Participant

Josh

JoshF
                    Participant

Josh

JoshF
                      Participant

Josh

JoshF
                        Participant

Josh

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics