The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ulceration and Stage Are Predictive of Interferon Efficacy In Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Ulceration and Stage Are Predictive of Interferon Efficacy In Melanoma

• Replies
      Charlie S
      Participant

Huh?

Gene_S
          Participant

Charlie, I am not sure what Huh is for/means ?

Click on the mentioned link for more info…

Best wishes,

Gene

Gene_S
            Participant

Best wishes,

Gene

Gene_S
              Participant

Best wishes,

Gene

Charlie S
              Participant

Huh?

Charlie S
                Participant

Huh?

Hawaii Bob
                  Participant

Gene, thanks for posting ……. really appreciate you sharing the melanoma R&D and studies with us ….. The European study is consistent with what I had read earlier in  a mel study originating out of Italy ….. that for some reason, interferon seems to deliver better results when the primary tumor was ulcerated….

On the old BB, now archived, I posted the preliminary findings about 2 years old and, in the ensuing board discussion, some members here provided anecdotal affirmation with regard to their experience (and belief in) in interferon and their continued NED status ……

Again, thanks for posting Gene,

Hawaii Bob, Still Stage IIA

Hawaii Bob
                    Participant

Gene, thanks for posting ……. really appreciate you sharing the melanoma R&D and studies with us ….. The European study is consistent with what I had read earlier in  a mel study originating out of Italy ….. that for some reason, interferon seems to deliver better results when the primary tumor was ulcerated….

On the old BB, now archived, I posted the preliminary findings about 2 years old and, in the ensuing board discussion, some members here provided anecdotal affirmation with regard to their experience (and belief in) in interferon and their continued NED status ……

Hawaii Bob
                      Participant

Hawaii Bob
                        Participant

Rich
                            Participant

@Hawaii Bob,

Just curious, but did you have Interferon treatment for Stage IIA?

I'm aware that different countries have their own approach to melanoma treatment, but Japan, where I am, is particularly conservative. I'm nearing the end of three ten day courses of Interferon for Stage IIA, whereas an Australian doctor would tell me I didn't need treatment.

Rich
                              Participant

@Hawaii Bob,

I'm aware that different countries have their own approach to melanoma treatment, but Japan, where I am, is particularly conservative. I'm nearing the end of three ten day courses of Interferon for Stage IIA, whereas an Australian doctor would tell me I didn't need treatment.

Rich
                                Participant

@Hawaii Bob,

Hawaii Bob
                                Participant

Hawaii Bob
                                  Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics