The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ugh! The Sweating!

Forums General Melanoma Community Ugh! The Sweating!

Participant
      I don’t know about everyone else but ever since keytruda doses started; I seem to sweat like crazy no matter what time it is. The worst is in bed though, I will wake up in puddles around my neck and my waist area. And sometimes I can even feel it coming on sort of like when your going to get a fever.
      It’s really annoying and I dont know if this is something every one on keytruda/pembro is experiencing or if it’s just me? I don’t see it listed on the list of side effects.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        HeidiZ
        Participant

Yes, I also experienced this too but on ipp/nivo.  I totally forgot about it until I saw your post.  I woke up many nights needing to change my night clothes.

Heidi

iskitwo
          Participant

I am on Opdivo and have had this happen a few time too. I also have been having times that my face will get super hot and flush. 

aldrichdesigner
            Participant
              Well at least I’m not the only one I guess. It’s a forgettable symptom because in the grand scheme of things yeah it’s not a “major” or painful side effect, but damn is it annoying. I’m actually typing this after waking up in another pile of sweat and change of clothes lol. It can be really frustrating when your in pain bumping into shit in the dark because you need to change clothes and just standing can hurt me sometimes.

What a wild ride, it will all be worth it in the end but I’ve never experienced anything like this (cancer). I wouldn’t wish this damn disease on my worst enemies with all the crazy shit we go through.

Hope everyone is having positive results even if they are only small victories sometimes. Hang in there and warrior ON!

TexMelanomex
              Participant

Aldrich, I had some night sweats at the beginning of Keytruda too. It went away somewhere around treatment 4 or so, but I agree, its uncomfortable but manageable. Hopefully, it is short lived for you too…not sure how many infusions you have had to date. Interestingly, Im just now getting some joint pain (I have had 12 infusions at this point) in my knees and shoulders but nothing too terrible. Hang in there Aldrich, you got this! Warrior On!

aldrichdesigner
                  Participant
                    To answer your question, I’m coming up on treatment 15 in two weeks. And, I agree it’s definitely one of the most manageable symptoms but it was the middle of the night and I was in the middle of my new nightly routine of changing clothes in the middle of the night instead of sleeping lol. It’s just one of those things where on top of everything else that’s happening to your body, waking up in a puddle just wasn’t on my menu lmao not that there is any one way this goes. Who was I kidding lol. But it’s alright, I just needed to vent a little with my fellow patients.
                    aldrichdesigner
                    Participant
                      To answer your question, I’m coming up on treatment 15 in two weeks. And, I agree it’s definitely one of the most manageable symptoms but it was the middle of the night and I was in the middle of my new nightly routine of changing clothes in the middle of the night instead of sleeping lol. It’s just one of those things where on top of everything else that’s happening to your body, waking up in a puddle just wasn’t on my menu lmao not that there is any one way this goes. Who was I kidding lol. But it’s alright, I just needed to vent a little with my fellow patients.
                Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics