The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Twitter Chat: Coping With The Holidays (12/15)

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Twitter Chat: Coping With The Holidays (12/15)

Keymaster

Hi all,

The holiday season can be a hard and stressful time, especially for those who are battling melanoma (or have a friend, family member or loved one battling). Each year we receive calls from patients, survivors and caregivers asking for tips for coping with the holidays. To answer those questions and more, we're hosting a Twitter chat about "Coping With The Holidays" on Monday, December 15 at 2pm ET with special guest, licensed oncology social worker  Dr. Sage Bolte from Life With Cancer. Dr. Bolte will be on hand to answer questions like "How do I manage feelings of resentment or frustration", "How do I tell young family members why I dont feel well?", "How do I cope with the feeling of 'death' during a time that is supposed to be joyous?", "How do I honor a loved one's memory while still enjoying the holiday?" and more. 

We want to hear from you – what other questions do you think should be addressed? What questions come to your mind that you think would be hlepful for others? Please let us know in the comments below or email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your suggestions and we hope you join us in the chat on the 15th.

Here is a link for more information about joining the chat: http://www.melanoma.org/get-involved/calendar-of-events/twitter-chat-coping-holidays  

Lauren – MRF

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Dear Lauren (and MRF),

This is excellent! Thank you!

Julie

Stage 3c: WLE, SNB, LND, HD-INF, GM-CSF, IPI

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Dear Lauren (and MRF),

Julie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Dear Lauren (and MRF),

Julie

Lil0909
              Participant
                Any way someone can post the script from the chat to this board? I am very interested in the discussion, but I don’t do twitter. Thanks!!
                  lsmith – MRF
                  Keymaster

HI there,

Yes, absolutely! We will post it to the MRF website (here) and we can post it on MPIP, as well. Also, you can follow the conversation on Twitter without having a Twitter account. If you're interested, you can do that my visiting this link and searching for #MRFChat!

Lauren – MRF

lsmith – MRF
                    Keymaster

HI there,

Yes, absolutely! We will post it to the MRF website (here) and we can post it on MPIP, as well. Also, you can follow the conversation on Twitter without having a Twitter account. If you're interested, you can do that my visiting this link and searching for #MRFChat!

Lauren – MRF

lsmith – MRF
                      Keymaster

HI there,

Lauren – MRF

lsmith – MRF
                        Keymaster

Good morning,

The transcript from yesterday's Twitter chat about coping with the holidays is now posted on the MRF's website. You can view it by clicking here.

Thanks!

Lauren – MRF

lsmith – MRF
                          Keymaster

Good morning,

The transcript from yesterday's Twitter chat about coping with the holidays is now posted on the MRF's website. You can view it by clicking here.

Thanks!

Lauren – MRF

lsmith – MRF
                            Keymaster

Good morning,

Thanks!

Lauren – MRF

Lil0909
                            Participant
                              Any way someone can post the script from the chat to this board? I am very interested in the discussion, but I don’t do twitter. Thanks!!
                              Lil0909
                              Participant
                            Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics