The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tumor Profiling? Who does it?

Forums General Melanoma Community Tumor Profiling? Who does it?

Participant
      Can anyone tell us of a company that does any type of tumor profiling that maybe can lead us to some treatment plan for my Mother.

Another question being that my Mom is Braf Negative and C-Kit Negative and seems that every other test that we have done we never have the marker. Does this make her besides being Braff Negative is she considered Braf Wild Type?

Currently we are on a chemo cycle,Carbo/Abraxane. Trying to get our doc to bring Avastin into the cycle next round. We completed 2 treatments and holding off today because of low levels and our primary doc was out. In 3.4 years all she has done is Interferon, Yervoy and a Yervoy re-induction. With the re-induction we only complete 2 treatments. I am very interested at this point about the clinical trial E7080. Looking at other options until more Anti-pd1 trials open.

Thanks everyone for your help as always!

Wendy

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

Best place to start is your oncologist or even your primary care provider…request the tests…I asked my PCP in the beginning and he got my HLA type ( I took him the trial outline I wanted to attempt to get in and showed him what I wanted). I also got my tumor assay done when I was accepted for a trial ( which said which antigens I had in the melanoma.Your insurance may not pay for it, so you should ask first…in trials they don't always charge you unless its a standard test…

LynnLuc
            Participant

PS  

I also got my tumor assay done when I was accepted for a trial in Seattle- the company is called PhenoPath and address is 551 North 34th Street Seattle WA 98103 phone 206-374-9000 Fax (206) 374-9009.

bcl
              Participant

A friend recently had Caris Life Sciences profile his cancer ( a rare cancer, skin related but not melanoma). The lab then supplied a detailed ( "Target Now')   report which included a list of 'Agents Associated with Clinical Benefit'  and also one of agents associated with a lack of benefit. 

http://www.carislifesciences.com/

bcl
                Participant

A friend recently had Caris Life Sciences profile his cancer ( a rare cancer, skin related but not melanoma). The lab then supplied a detailed ( "Target Now')   report which included a list of 'Agents Associated with Clinical Benefit'  and also one of agents associated with a lack of benefit. 

bcl
                  Participant

LynnLuc
                    Participant

PS  

I also got my tumor assay done when I was accepted for a trial in Seattle- the company is called PhenoPath and address is 551 North 34th Street Seattle WA 98103 phone 206-374-9000 Fax (206) 374-9009.

LynnLuc
                      Participant

PS  

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Best place to start is your oncologist or even your primary care provider…request the tests…I asked my PCP in the beginning and he got my HLA type ( I took him the trial outline I wanted to attempt to get in and showed him what I wanted). I also got my tumor assay done when I was accepted for a trial ( which said which antigens I had in the melanoma.Your insurance may not pay for it, so you should ask first…in trials they don't always charge you unless its a standard test…

LynnLuc
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics