The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tumor pain

Forums General Melanoma Community Tumor pain

Participant

ok. i have a question. my melanoma tumor under my arm is about 4 inches wide. well yesterday i felt terrible and ran a small fever. the tumor under my arm was just throbbing. i was laying on couch and went to roll over and i herad and felt a "pop". and then it fetl like something inside me was running down into my rib section. today my arm feels so much better. My tumor doesnt hurt near as bad and im able to put my arm down beside my side. my question can a tumor burst? and if it can burst will it cause the cancer to spread even more? i need anserws fast please.

ok. i have a question. my melanoma tumor under my arm is about 4 inches wide. well yesterday i felt terrible and ran a small fever. the tumor under my arm was just throbbing. i was laying on couch and went to roll over and i herad and felt a "pop". and then it fetl like something inside me was running down into my rib section. today my arm feels so much better. My tumor doesnt hurt near as bad and im able to put my arm down beside my side. my question can a tumor burst? and if it can burst will it cause the cancer to spread even more? i need anserws fast please. im extramly worried. do i need to call vandy and as them? thanks in advance for your answers

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

Well, I want to believe that your prayers are being answered. But you should call the doctor too.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
          Participant

Well, I want to believe that your prayers are being answered. But you should call the doctor too.

Nicki, Stage 3b

Lori C
            Participant

I believe vascular tumors can burst.   I remember Jill writing about this re: Eric.  I know tumors can certainly ulcerate, open, ooze.  I would call the doctor; it may have been something else altogether, a fluid filled cyst near the tumor or some such thing.  Don't panic.   As for it spreading, it can spread with just one cell so I would assume that there are many factors involved in whether it spreads rapidly or not (the aggressiveness or lack of in the cells themselves, etc.)

carol b
                Participant

Thanks for replying. I will call the Dr in the morning…as far as not panicing..already there.

Lori C
                  Participant

Perhaps there was an infection in the area around the tumor and that is what abcessed and burst.  That would account for the fever.  i would absolutely not assume it's bad news in terms of the cancer spreading; there is no evidence of that at all.  Will had numerous large tumors in his liver and none of them ever burst; I am sure it's not a common thing to happen and there are 50 other explanations for what happened.  Your doctor will be able to sort it out but it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad at all. 

Praying for your peace of mind (and health, of course!).  I know panic very well and how awful it is but truly, you don't have any reason to panic with this.

carol b
                    Participant

thank you so much. that does make more sence now that i think about it. i guess i was just to worried to think properly. glad there r people like you on this boaed to make it all make some sence.. Thank you again

carol b
                      Participant

thank you so much. that does make more sence now that i think about it. i guess i was just to worried to think properly. glad there r people like you on this boaed to make it all make some sence.. Thank you again

Lori C
                        Participant

Perhaps there was an infection in the area around the tumor and that is what abcessed and burst.  That would account for the fever.  i would absolutely not assume it's bad news in terms of the cancer spreading; there is no evidence of that at all.  Will had numerous large tumors in his liver and none of them ever burst; I am sure it's not a common thing to happen and there are 50 other explanations for what happened.  Your doctor will be able to sort it out but it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad at all. 

Praying for your peace of mind (and health, of course!).  I know panic very well and how awful it is but truly, you don't have any reason to panic with this.

carol b
                          Participant

Thanks for replying. I will call the Dr in the morning…as far as not panicing..already there.

Lori C
                          Participant

I believe vascular tumors can burst.   I remember Jill writing about this re: Eric.  I know tumors can certainly ulcerate, open, ooze.  I would call the doctor; it may have been something else altogether, a fluid filled cyst near the tumor or some such thing.  Don't panic.   As for it spreading, it can spread with just one cell so I would assume that there are many factors involved in whether it spreads rapidly or not (the aggressiveness or lack of in the cells themselves, etc.)

Viewing 3 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics