The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

treatment concerns

Forums General Melanoma Community treatment concerns

Participant
      are all oncs created the same or are some much better than others?

englarged LN’s show up on scan. Doc never suggested i self check so the*y have been enlarging and recede several times over last 5 months with me not bothering to bring to oncs attention.

Onc sent me to staff surgical oncoogist for a biopsy. The Onc Surgeown spent about 3 minutes and did not mention biopsy once but said “surgery” repeatedly .

What i know about any of this is that I did this all once before in 2020. Then that Onc Surgeon spent alot of time describing surgery and partiall vs. complete lympothedtomy. The current Onc surgeon did not. In fact i had to nail him down as to whether i was even going under anesthesia. I had assumed some kind of needle biopsy. The reason i am asking here is cause i know from last time otherwise i would be clueless as to what to ask.

are not all onc practices euqal and do i have time to find another?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        MMH
        Participant
          I can provide no words of wisdom but I wanted to respond and let you know that I am thinking of you and you are not alone. Waiting on lymph node biopsy results for bad lymph node near scar and I am at an all-time low. All the best to you, and keep advocating for yourself.
          mmbraddock
          Participant
            I am sorry to hear about your experience. It is very frustrating when communication is not clear. I am fortunate to live in Tampa so have access to oncologists who work specifically in skin cancers. I would suggest seeing if there is anyone local that specializes specifically in melanoma. I have found it helpful to email and send messages through the patient portal to clarify questions are concerns. Hopefully, they will be responsive and give you the answers you need quickly. Advocating for yourself is key! Hang in there, it’s tough.
            tkoss
            Participant
              thanks for your replies . i insisted they postpone surgery until my concerns and question were allayed. they were.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics