The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Trash TV dancing with the idiots

Forums General Melanoma Community Trash TV dancing with the idiots

Participant

So arguably the best actual dancer on the show, Brandy, gets voted off and the chubby cow Bristol who has about as many dance moves as a tree trunk makes it to the finals. Go figure. Of course the show constantly features  "I can see Russia from my house" mother Sarah in support of her unwed  teenage preg famous (?) daughter in order to reap publicity and ratings.  Am I the only one sick of the Palin clan? 

So arguably the best actual dancer on the show, Brandy, gets voted off and the chubby cow Bristol who has about as many dance moves as a tree trunk makes it to the finals. Go figure. Of course the show constantly features  "I can see Russia from my house" mother Sarah in support of her unwed  teenage preg famous (?) daughter in order to reap publicity and ratings.  Am I the only one sick of the Palin clan? 

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

You actually watch that shit?

Homo.

LV
            Participant

You know, John, calling someone a 'homo' as a slur says so much more about you than it does about the other person.

And since it's such a fall-back response for you, I can't help but wonder about your fascination with that. It kinda reminds me of the thing kids say about farting – he who 'smelt' it, dealt it.

jag
              Participant

Sorry LV, I didn't realize you had such strong feelings for Bill.  

Carry on.

LV
                Participant

Bill? No, John, it's my gay friends I'm concerned with, and the slurs and name-calling they've all had to deal with..

Having you in their ranks would be such a bummer, but I know it's something you can't change about yourself.

LV
                  Participant

Bill? No, John, it's my gay friends I'm concerned with, and the slurs and name-calling they've all had to deal with..

Having you in their ranks would be such a bummer, but I know it's something you can't change about yourself.

jag
                    Participant

Ok, well I guess being a fag hag is kind of cool.  Did I tell you my gay owners (with Chihuahuas like Bill) send me flowers?

Some of the finest people I know.  Don't confuse Politically incorrect with discrimination.  How did you feel about the black gentleman on NPR getting fired for saying antimuslim comments? Right or Wrong?  That has to be the greatest story of all time in terms of politically correctness.  

LV
                      Participant

Ah, John, your ability  to come up with a put-down label is one of the endearing things about you. But you are confused. Just having gay friends doesn't automatically boost one into the fag hag category. Hell, you probably know more of them than you think. They're everywhere!  And if you think it's just political correctness to not call someone a homo as a put down, well, bully for you. Bet you were lots of fun on the playground as a schoolboy.

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the Juan Williams thing, so my opinion would be based on hearsay, and not the facts, and therefor not worth much.

LV
                        Participant

Ah, John, your ability  to come up with a put-down label is one of the endearing things about you. But you are confused. Just having gay friends doesn't automatically boost one into the fag hag category. Hell, you probably know more of them than you think. They're everywhere!  And if you think it's just political correctness to not call someone a homo as a put down, well, bully for you. Bet you were lots of fun on the playground as a schoolboy.

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the Juan Williams thing, so my opinion would be based on hearsay, and not the facts, and therefor not worth much.

jag
                          Participant

Ouch, that schoolboy playground line hurt, how did you know I wet my pants?  Still haven't lived that down.  Maybe that explains all of my insecurities, I really couldn't hold it on a cold day like that though.  Shouldn't have drank so much apple juice.

BillMFl
                            Participant

Ummm johnnie, your puffy pink cheeks, white turban and Mona Lisa smile hardly looks manly. Quite fruity actually. But it captures your essence so well!

jag
                              Participant

Look Bill, What LV was saying, was that it is an insult to put you in the same category as gay people.  I agree with her.

LV
                                Participant

Don't be twisting my words, buddy-boy!

LV
                                  Participant

Don't be twisting my words, buddy-boy!

jag
                                    Participant

Look Bill, What LV was saying, was that it is an insult to put you in the same category as gay people.  I agree with her.

BillMFl
                                      Participant

Ummm johnnie, your puffy pink cheeks, white turban and Mona Lisa smile hardly looks manly. Quite fruity actually. But it captures your essence so well!

jag
                                        Participant

Ouch, that schoolboy playground line hurt, how did you know I wet my pants?  Still haven't lived that down.  Maybe that explains all of my insecurities, I really couldn't hold it on a cold day like that though.  Shouldn't have drank so much apple juice.

jag
                                          Participant

Ok, well I guess being a fag hag is kind of cool.  Did I tell you my gay owners (with Chihuahuas like Bill) send me flowers?

Some of the finest people I know.  Don't confuse Politically incorrect with discrimination.  How did you feel about the black gentleman on NPR getting fired for saying antimuslim comments? Right or Wrong?  That has to be the greatest story of all time in terms of politically correctness.  

jag
                                            Participant

Sorry LV, I didn't realize you had such strong feelings for Bill.  

Carry on.

LV
                                              Participant

You know, John, calling someone a 'homo' as a slur says so much more about you than it does about the other person.

And since it's such a fall-back response for you, I can't help but wonder about your fascination with that. It kinda reminds me of the thing kids say about farting – he who 'smelt' it, dealt it.

Kimmer
                                                Participant

sick of palins to be sure, but  you confusingly allude to  a quote that should be attributed to tina fey.

sarah palin is not that funny.

Kimmer
                                                  Participant

sick of palins to be sure, but  you confusingly allude to  a quote that should be attributed to tina fey.

sarah palin is not that funny.

jag
                                                  Participant

You actually watch that shit?

Homo.

CarolA
                                                    Participant

Nope.    The handwriting was on the wall after Cheryl & her (GORGEOUS!!) partner got voted off, and Kurt was voted off last week, IMHO.    I thought their improvements were better than Bristol's.    I can't deny that Bristol did a great performance (for her) this week—-but better than Brandy?   Come on!!!

Max screwed this up with his nasty remarks to Carrie, that laid the groundwork for them falling disfavor with the fans, another opinion of mine.

The whole think stinks of a popularity contest (which I know it is) but with a bigger (politically charged) slant this season.

LV
                                                        Participant

And don't forget, Sarah's now got her own TV show!  But personally, I'd rather see her as a reality tv star than a politician – it seems a much more appropriate venue. Maybe it'll morph into the Real Housewives of Wasilla.

jag
                                                          Participant

I'd rather vote for Snooky.  From Republican vice presidential candidate to reality TV star, completely D-listed.

jag
                                                            Participant

I'd rather vote for Snooky.  From Republican vice presidential candidate to reality TV star, completely D-listed.

LV
                                                              Participant

And don't forget, Sarah's now got her own TV show!  But personally, I'd rather see her as a reality tv star than a politician – it seems a much more appropriate venue. Maybe it'll morph into the Real Housewives of Wasilla.

CarolA
                                                              Participant

Nope.    The handwriting was on the wall after Cheryl & her (GORGEOUS!!) partner got voted off, and Kurt was voted off last week, IMHO.    I thought their improvements were better than Bristol's.    I can't deny that Bristol did a great performance (for her) this week—-but better than Brandy?   Come on!!!

Max screwed this up with his nasty remarks to Carrie, that laid the groundwork for them falling disfavor with the fans, another opinion of mine.

The whole think stinks of a popularity contest (which I know it is) but with a bigger (politically charged) slant this season.

LV
                                                                Participant

Bill, it does kinda crack me up to see an unwed mother telling other teens that abstinance is a workable choice. Just not for her.

Early politician in the making?

LV
                                                                  Participant

Bill, it does kinda crack me up to see an unwed mother telling other teens that abstinance is a workable choice. Just not for her.

Early politician in the making?

W.
                                                                    Participant

You were obviously not the only one who was enraged of her performance: http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Wisconsin-Man-Shoots-TV-After-Palin-Appearance-on-DWTS-108696414.html

W.
                                                                      Participant

You were obviously not the only one who was enraged of her performance: http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Wisconsin-Man-Shoots-TV-After-Palin-Appearance-on-DWTS-108696414.html

bcl
                                                                        Participant

I'm sick of them alright, and I don't even watch much TV and have never watched the show. But I do find it curious how ( and why)  people get so involved -found this online  http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system   (some of the comments are priceless)   It looks like it's possible to make multiple votes on DWTS, with invalid email addresses to boot  (maybe that explains what elmer's been up to;)  Who knows if this is true or not,  but if it is, I guess someone will have to beat them at their own sordid little game.  Better get busy Bill:)  

bcl
                                                                          Participant

I'm sick of them alright, and I don't even watch much TV and have never watched the show. But I do find it curious how ( and why)  people get so involved -found this online  http://jezebel.com/5691445/how-palin-conservatives-are-cheating-the-dwts-voting-system   (some of the comments are priceless)   It looks like it's possible to make multiple votes on DWTS, with invalid email addresses to boot  (maybe that explains what elmer's been up to;)  Who knows if this is true or not,  but if it is, I guess someone will have to beat them at their own sordid little game.  Better get busy Bill:)  

dian in spokane
                                                                            Participant

I read today that, in general, even before Bristol, more Republicans watch DWTS than Democrats. What do you suppose that is all about?

I know ~I~ never saw this show until I started going down to California to stay with my stepmom toward the end of her life. She just LOVED that show and would revive and make me sit with her on the couch to watch it.

She and my dad were both hard line Republicans too.

dian in spokane
                                                                              Participant

I read today that, in general, even before Bristol, more Republicans watch DWTS than Democrats. What do you suppose that is all about?

I know ~I~ never saw this show until I started going down to California to stay with my stepmom toward the end of her life. She just LOVED that show and would revive and make me sit with her on the couch to watch it.

She and my dad were both hard line Republicans too.

Nad T
                                                                                Participant

G-D damn (dam) Bill, you watch all of this?  You may be more ducked up than them, eh?

You guys are paranoid…?

Nad T
                                                                                  Participant

G-D damn (dam) Bill, you watch all of this?  You may be more ducked up than them, eh?

You guys are paranoid…?

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics