The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Tomorrow is the final cycle!

Forums General Melanoma Community Tomorrow is the final cycle!

Participant

I have blood work at 745- see Dr Weber  around 8 and do the last regular cycle in my trial- tah dah I am now going on to my 12 month of Stage 4 melanoma NED…oh NED is my best buddy!

I get scans and apheresis next week  then I guess every 3 months I will get scans, blood work and booster IV of  Anti PD-1 for 2 years if I remain NED.

wow…I also returned to work and nearing my 3rd week -it is still so exhausting but hoping as I get farther awhile from the trial meds the less tired I will be…

I have blood work at 745- see Dr Weber  around 8 and do the last regular cycle in my trial- tah dah I am now going on to my 12 month of Stage 4 melanoma NED…oh NED is my best buddy!

I get scans and apheresis next week  then I guess every 3 months I will get scans, blood work and booster IV of  Anti PD-1 for 2 years if I remain NED.

wow…I also returned to work and nearing my 3rd week -it is still so exhausting but hoping as I get farther awhile from the trial meds the less tired I will be…

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

Lucy,

Congrats!!!!!!! on your acheivement. LIfe is Good!!!!

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
          Participant

Lucy,

Congrats!!!!!!! on your acheivement. LIfe is Good!!!!

Jimmy B

NicOz
            Participant

Hooray! Way to go 🙂 Great to hear!!

NicOz
              Participant

Hooray! Way to go 🙂 Great to hear!!

Carmon in NM
                Participant

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I will be in your place on March 14th when I get my last infusion on this drug trial and I can hardly supress the excitement of having this six month trial behind me!

I hope that this is the beginning of years and years of being NED for all of us! Carmon in NM

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Are you going to do boosters too? I will get  the anti-pd-1 every 3 months for at least 2 years…Dr Weber says he thinks it maybe approved in 2 years(never know about the FDA) and then the option of staying on it  might also be an option if I remain NED.

A side note about the FDA…you would think that any drug that gives even a slight benefit should be available to a patient using it and perhaps if they sign a waiver to remove any liability from the manufacturer…should have access to it…just my feeling!!

Hoping we all get to be NED and stay that way!!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Are you going to do boosters too? I will get  the anti-pd-1 every 3 months for at least 2 years…Dr Weber says he thinks it maybe approved in 2 years(never know about the FDA) and then the option of staying on it  might also be an option if I remain NED.

A side note about the FDA…you would think that any drug that gives even a slight benefit should be available to a patient using it and perhaps if they sign a waiver to remove any liability from the manufacturer…should have access to it…just my feeling!!

Hoping we all get to be NED and stay that way!!

Carmon in NM
                      Participant

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I will be in your place on March 14th when I get my last infusion on this drug trial and I can hardly supress the excitement of having this six month trial behind me!

I hope that this is the beginning of years and years of being NED for all of us! Carmon in NM

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics