The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL Treatment without IL-2

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL Treatment without IL-2

Participant

Has anyone had TIL treatment without the IL-2 to follow? Does anyone have a good or bad story to share as my wife considers this treatment option. I know in most cases the TIL is done with Chemo and Radiation plus IL-2  but in this case it would be only chemo and the Til cell transfer. any comments are more than welcomed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jeff G.
        Participant

Yes.  My wife went through a TIL treatment at NCI that did not include IL-2 at the end.  Her cells were, however, genetically engineered to express IL-12 so it was a bit different.  That trial closed because unfortunately some patients had very severe side effects (fortunately not my wife).   Her doctors at NCI have told us there are trials underway without the IL-2 at the end of the treatment.  Most TIL treatment options do not include radiation, and those that do usually only half of the patients are receiving it so I wouldn’t worry about that.  My wife is over a year NED so it has certainly worked for her so far.  You can read about her experience at http://www.melanomamom.com.  Where are you considering the TIL treatment?

ncdaniel
            Participant

Thank you for your response. My wife starts treatment at NIH next week. Thanks for your encouragement I hope your wife continues to be NED.

daniel

ncdaniel
              Participant

Thank you for your response. My wife starts treatment at NIH next week. Thanks for your encouragement I hope your wife continues to be NED.

daniel

ncdaniel
                Participant

daniel

Jeff G.
                Participant

Yes.  My wife went through a TIL treatment at NCI that did not include IL-2 at the end.  Her cells were, however, genetically engineered to express IL-12 so it was a bit different.  That trial closed because unfortunately some patients had very severe side effects (fortunately not my wife).   Her doctors at NCI have told us there are trials underway without the IL-2 at the end of the treatment.  Most TIL treatment options do not include radiation, and those that do usually only half of the patients are receiving it so I wouldn’t worry about that.  My wife is over a year NED so it has certainly worked for her so far.  You can read about her experience at http://www.melanomamom.com.  Where are you considering the TIL treatment?

Jeff G.
                  Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics