The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL then Ipi? Vice-versa?

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL then Ipi? Vice-versa?

Participant
      Does anyone know if there is an optiomal ordering of these two therapies?

Does anyone know if there is an optiomal ordering of these two therapies?

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Definitely IPI first.  Since I have watched on this board (2003)  I have not seen one person survive with just TLI, IPI on the other hand has been approved by the FDA for treatment.  IPI has shown survival results.  TLI reengineers the immmune system and if it doesn't work, it may actually damage the immune system.  Again IPI shows increased long term survival benefits and acts to boost your immune system.  TLI can actually harm it.  I don't know why it even exists anymore.

jag
          Participant

Definitely IPI first.  Since I have watched on this board (2003)  I have not seen one person survive with just TLI, IPI on the other hand has been approved by the FDA for treatment.  IPI has shown survival results.  TLI reengineers the immmune system and if it doesn't work, it may actually damage the immune system.  Again IPI shows increased long term survival benefits and acts to boost your immune system.  TLI can actually harm it.  I don't know why it even exists anymore.

benp
              Participant
                Thanks for the reply, but are we talking about the same thing? I am referring to Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes (or ACT). It also shows long term survival benefit.
                benp
                Participant
                  Thanks for the reply, but are we talking about the same thing? I am referring to Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes (or ACT). It also shows long term survival benefit.
                  benp
                  Participant
                  jag
                  Participant

jim Breitfeller
                    Participant

Ben, The two therapies uses tow different approaches to the immune system.

Ipi: Acts on the CTLA-4 receptors, on the Tregs and the T-cells which help stop the Treg suppression of T-cell Activation.

The TIL or Act therapy uses your activated CD8+ T-cells. The Tregs are depleted/supressed prior to the TIL therapy using Chemo drugs.

Your best bet is to use these two therapy in combination, if there is a trial available.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

benp
                        Participant

Thanks Jim! I just wish I did have the luxury to choose at the moment.

benp
                          Participant

benp
                            Participant

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Ipi: Acts on the CTLA-4 receptors, on the Tregs and the T-cells which help stop the Treg suppression of T-cell Activation.

The TIL or Act therapy uses your activated CD8+ T-cells. The Tregs are depleted/supressed prior to the TIL therapy using Chemo drugs.

Your best bet is to use these two therapy in combination, if there is a trial available.

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

Best regards,

Jimmy B

EmilyandMike
                                Participant

Hello – please try and read this article "The T-Cell Army"  – I had to have my dad copy it and mail to me because I am not a subscriber and this link is just an abstract  http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/04/23/120423fa_fact_groopman 

It is a wonderful article.  The article explains Yervoy and TIL – and the docs say the people who have had TIL after Yervoy had better results.

So Yervoy first is what this very well written article says…

Take care

Emily

EmilyandMike
                                    Participant

I am actually going to purchase this New Yorker article so I can send it to a couple of people so email me if you want a copy – [email protected]

EmilyandMike
                                      Participant

I am actually going to purchase this New Yorker article so I can send it to a couple of people so email me if you want a copy – [email protected]

EmilyandMike
                                        Participant

benp
                                          Participant

Thanks a lot for reminding me of this! I read the excerpt. I would love a copy of the article if you've got it – ben_perdriau @ hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Ben.

benp
                                            Participant

Thanks a lot for reminding me of this! I read the excerpt. I would love a copy of the article if you've got it – ben_perdriau @ hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Ben.

benp
                                              Participant

Thanks!

Ben.

EmilyandMike
                                              Participant

Hello – please try and read this article "The T-Cell Army"  – I had to have my dad copy it and mail to me because I am not a subscriber and this link is just an abstract  http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/04/23/120423fa_fact_groopman 

It is a wonderful article.  The article explains Yervoy and TIL – and the docs say the people who have had TIL after Yervoy had better results.

Take care

Emily

EmilyandMike
                                                Participant

Take care

Emily

maryv
                                                  Participant

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  My mum has stage V (lg mass in abdominal cavity, lymph nodes).  IL-2 did not work.  She is exploring trials. Her current oncologist was about to start her on Ipi alone as they don't have any other trials right now that suit her.  We just want to make sure we're not excluding her from any trials by starting it, so this sequencing discussion is of interest.

She has a meeting with Dr. Rosenberg's team to talk about ACT, and has been identified as a candidate for a trial at DFCI with PD-L1 and Ipi.  We heard that while she doesn't have brain mets and is otherwise healthy, this is a good time to try ACT, and that she can do Ipi afterwards, but that Ipi would exclude her from ACT.

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Maryv

maryv
                                                    Participant

Hi,

I am new to this forum.  My mum has stage V (lg mass in abdominal cavity, lymph nodes).  IL-2 did not work.  She is exploring trials. Her current oncologist was about to start her on Ipi alone as they don't have any other trials right now that suit her.  We just want to make sure we're not excluding her from any trials by starting it, so this sequencing discussion is of interest.

She has a meeting with Dr. Rosenberg's team to talk about ACT, and has been identified as a candidate for a trial at DFCI with PD-L1 and Ipi.  We heard that while she doesn't have brain mets and is otherwise healthy, this is a good time to try ACT, and that she can do Ipi afterwards, but that Ipi would exclude her from ACT.

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Maryv

maryv
                                                      Participant

Hi,

Thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Maryv

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics