The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

TIL – Do MD Anderson and Moffitt’s results compare to NIH??

Forums General Melanoma Community TIL – Do MD Anderson and Moffitt’s results compare to NIH??

Participant

Hello.

I had a consult at NIH last week. They wanted to put me in the TIL plus TBI trial. I just found out that I don't qualify because of my prior radiation history. So, now I have to decide between doing the TIL + IL-12 trial at NIH or going to Moffitt or MD Anderson and doing their TIL protocol.

NIH wasn't sure if MD Anderson and Moffitt were getting the same results that they have been able to get with TIL. They had heard that they may be having trouble growing the TIL cells. Does anyone know anything about this??

Hello.

I had a consult at NIH last week. They wanted to put me in the TIL plus TBI trial. I just found out that I don't qualify because of my prior radiation history. So, now I have to decide between doing the TIL + IL-12 trial at NIH or going to Moffitt or MD Anderson and doing their TIL protocol.

NIH wasn't sure if MD Anderson and Moffitt were getting the same results that they have been able to get with TIL. They had heard that they may be having trouble growing the TIL cells. Does anyone know anything about this??

I'm really not sure what to do. It's so hard to make these decisions sometimes.

Thanks!!

~Angela

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Ask NIH what results they have been gettting (long term) I would put that treatment much lower on the list of treatment options I would consider.  MD Anderson and Moffitt aren't likely the problem with this treatment.  I have payed attention to this site over the years and haven't seen Any long term remission from TIL.  Have you considered other options/trials?

jag
          Participant

Ask NIH what results they have been gettting (long term) I would put that treatment much lower on the list of treatment options I would consider.  MD Anderson and Moffitt aren't likely the problem with this treatment.  I have payed attention to this site over the years and haven't seen Any long term remission from TIL.  Have you considered other options/trials?

Angela C
              Participant

I have pretty much done everything that there is to offer. I've done IL-2, MDX-1106 and Yervoy. TIL is the next thing in line. NIH is having 70% response rates with TIL plus Total Body Irradiation and 50% response rates with standard TIL. So, I'm just wondering if MD Anderson and Moffitt are also getting those 50% response rates.

Phil S
                Participant
                  Angela, Feel free to email me directly, [email protected] my husband is a patient at md Anderson and is being considered for the TIL program here. From what I understand they have two cohorts here, depending on your HLAA2 status, so you need to be positive to get the TIL with vaccine arm. My husband’s cells grew fine, and they are also saying 50 percent response rate, my real concern is for durable response! Dr Patrick Hwu, who is running the adoptive cell trial in Houston, was at NIH before, he heads the melanoma department at md Anderson now, and I have ever confidence he knows how to run a adoptive cell program. Real question is who is getting a durable response! Too early to tell! Good luck to you, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  boot2aboot
                  Participant

http://www.melanomaintl.org/news/webinar_adoptive1.html

very good webinar…Weber goes through differences of protocol between NIH and Moffitt. and percentages of CR adn PR with TIL/ACT.  I do believe that one cohort does not have to be HLA-A2(this is NOT mentioned in Webinar)at Moffitt, but will find out more when i go down there on the M 30th…i think Moffitt gets comparable results to anderson and NCI…but treatment not as rough…doesn't knock out whole immune system and considering doing the Anti-PD1 as Tcell stimulator as opposed to IL2…i always kinda was leary of NIH's TIL therapy after Val's experience…i thought it was TOO ROUGH…i do know that there are some (not on this board) that got NED through NIH on this protocol

good luck

boots

boot2aboot
                    Participant

very good webinar…Weber goes through differences of protocol between NIH and Moffitt. and percentages of CR adn PR with TIL/ACT.  I do believe that one cohort does not have to be HLA-A2(this is NOT mentioned in Webinar)at Moffitt, but will find out more when i go down there on the M 30th…i think Moffitt gets comparable results to anderson and NCI…but treatment not as rough…doesn't knock out whole immune system and considering doing the Anti-PD1 as Tcell stimulator as opposed to IL2…i always kinda was leary of NIH's TIL therapy after Val's experience…i thought it was TOO ROUGH…i do know that there are some (not on this board) that got NED through NIH on this protocol

good luck

boots

boot2aboot
                      Participant

good luck

boots

boot2aboot
                        Participant

have you ever thought of cyber knife to adrenal tumor?

boots

boot2aboot
                          Participant

boots

boot2aboot
                            Participant

boots

Phil S
                              Participant
                                Angela, Feel free to email me directly, [email protected] my husband is a patient at md Anderson and is being considered for the TIL program here. From what I understand they have two cohorts here, depending on your HLAA2 status, so you need to be positive to get the TIL with vaccine arm. My husband’s cells grew fine, and they are also saying 50 percent response rate, my real concern is for durable response! Dr Patrick Hwu, who is running the adoptive cell trial in Houston, was at NIH before, he heads the melanoma department at md Anderson now, and I have ever confidence he knows how to run a adoptive cell program. Real question is who is getting a durable response! Too early to tell! Good luck to you, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                Phil S
                                Participant
                                  Angela C
                                  Participant

I have pretty much done everything that there is to offer. I've done IL-2, MDX-1106 and Yervoy. TIL is the next thing in line. NIH is having 70% response rates with TIL plus Total Body Irradiation and 50% response rates with standard TIL. So, I'm just wondering if MD Anderson and Moffitt are also getting those 50% response rates.

Angela C
                                    Participant

jag
                                    Participant

cltml
                                      Participant

Angela,

I was seen by Dr. Weber two weeks ago at Moffitt for consideration for ACT.  Dr. Weber is/was getting the 50% response that NIH was getting with ACT&IL2.  NIH has switched to using IL15 recently but only have a half dozen patients or so as of my conversation with Dr. M. Hughes.  Of course, NIH has so many trials.

Unfortunately, Dr. Weber indicated that Moffitt is out of donor money for the TIL generation part of their ACT treatment so unless you can pay for that yourself, they will probably tell you they cannot do it until they get more $'s.

My info was current as of March 17th, 22012.

cltml
                                        Participant

Angela,

I was seen by Dr. Weber two weeks ago at Moffitt for consideration for ACT.  Dr. Weber is/was getting the 50% response that NIH was getting with ACT&IL2.  NIH has switched to using IL15 recently but only have a half dozen patients or so as of my conversation with Dr. M. Hughes.  Of course, NIH has so many trials.

Unfortunately, Dr. Weber indicated that Moffitt is out of donor money for the TIL generation part of their ACT treatment so unless you can pay for that yourself, they will probably tell you they cannot do it until they get more $'s.

cltml
                                          Participant

Angela,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics