The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thoughts and Prayers Needed.

Forums General Melanoma Community Thoughts and Prayers Needed.

Participant

I am currently at NIH/ NCI in Bethesda going though TIL.    Friday Aug 27 is the day I get the cells infused and start IL2.  Should complete and be home Sept 9 or so.

If anyone will be at NCI let me know maybe we can meet.

Tim

I am currently at NIH/ NCI in Bethesda going though TIL.    Friday Aug 27 is the day I get the cells infused and start IL2.  Should complete and be home Sept 9 or so.

If anyone will be at NCI let me know maybe we can meet.

Tim

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Hi Tim –Sorry you had to find this place…but if you have Melanoma this a good place to be…There are many knowledgeable people here to talk to, to answer questions, and to guide you a bit….and also to give you hope.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

TimG
            Participant

Sherron,

Sherron Thanks for your comment.

I have not been around posting much since Oct 2008 when Gregory…. The Mighty Melanoma guy got his wings.

I know this site is a very good place and offers so much knowledge, wisdow, and hope.

Tim

TimG
              Participant

Sherron,

Sherron Thanks for your comment.

I have not been around posting much since Oct 2008 when Gregory…. The Mighty Melanoma guy got his wings.

I know this site is a very good place and offers so much knowledge, wisdow, and hope.

Tim

Sherron
              Participant

Hi Tim –Sorry you had to find this place…but if you have Melanoma this a good place to be…There are many knowledgeable people here to talk to, to answer questions, and to guide you a bit….and also to give you hope.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Tim,

We go to NCI/NIH in Bethesda to. My husband is stage IV and went through IL-2 and surgery at NIH after being part of a stage III trial for a year. We have always felt we are in the best care there with the most current trials.

We just went for scans/results 2 weeks ago so we won't be back for another couple of months.

Good luck with your treatment we have heard very positive info about the TIL treatment.

Rebecca and Bob

TimG
                    Participant

Rebecca and Bob,

NVI/HIH is a wonderful place.  I now on my 6th visist,  Had 2 surgeries.

They have really moved fast when they needed to. I live in CA so it s  a long flight.  The other trial in LA, CA (CTLA4) has moved in slow motion. 

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

TimG
                      Participant

Rebecca and Bob,

NVI/HIH is a wonderful place.  I now on my 6th visist,  Had 2 surgeries.

They have really moved fast when they needed to. I live in CA so it s  a long flight.  The other trial in LA, CA (CTLA4) has moved in slow motion. 

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

Rebecca and Bob
                      Participant

Tim,

We go to NCI/NIH in Bethesda to. My husband is stage IV and went through IL-2 and surgery at NIH after being part of a stage III trial for a year. We have always felt we are in the best care there with the most current trials.

We just went for scans/results 2 weeks ago so we won't be back for another couple of months.

Good luck with your treatment we have heard very positive info about the TIL treatment.

Rebecca and Bob

King
                        Participant

Tim,

Good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.  A tough treatment for sure…one day at a time.  I've not been treated at NIH.  I'm treated at Moffitt in Tampa, FL.   It must be difficult to be so far away from home.  Gregory…I'll never forget him.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

TimG
                            Participant

King,

Thanks for you com

ments.  Yes It had been more difficult than I thought it would be.  (6 trips so far, at 2288 miles each way).

Glad you remember Gregory. He was a wealth of infomation, and a great guy. We both had the same Dr in Riverside, and we were hoping someday to have a beer together after a Dr. appt…  I ring a bell in Oct for him.  . 

TimG
                              Participant

King,

Thanks for you com

ments.  Yes It had been more difficult than I thought it would be.  (6 trips so far, at 2288 miles each way).

Glad you remember Gregory. He was a wealth of infomation, and a great guy. We both had the same Dr in Riverside, and we were hoping someday to have a beer together after a Dr. appt…  I ring a bell in Oct for him.  . 

King
                              Participant

Tim,

Good thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.  A tough treatment for sure…one day at a time.  I've not been treated at NIH.  I'm treated at Moffitt in Tampa, FL.   It must be difficult to be so far away from home.  Gregory…I'll never forget him.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Lori C
                                Participant

Healing prayers and best wishes for success of this treatment.

Lori C
                                  Participant

Healing prayers and best wishes for success of this treatment.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics