The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The TIL trial is over for me

Forums General Melanoma Community The TIL trial is over for me

Participant

The news at NIH today was about what I expected. Not devastating, but not good.

One of the target lesions had shrunk slightly but the other one had gotten slightly larger. Plus there is a small, about 3mm, new lesion in my right lung. The lump below my navel is a little larger, which I knew, and the spot on my right femur is also slightly larger. I also have two new spots on my brain that they couldn’t completely evaluate because of the snafu with not getting  MRI contrast.

So short term it’s back to Dr. Sharfman and my local radiation oncologist. Then maybe one of the docs in New York for another opinion.

They did tell me that they were going to test my cells to see if I could be treated under the MAGE protocol. But that involves the same chemo routine and IL-2 that I did for the TIL trial. I just don’t know if I have it in me to go through that again.

But whatever happens now, the fight continues!

-Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        VinceMart
        Participant

Hi Bill,  

I am writing to you from the ER as I wait to see if I have spinal compression from the Mets in my spine.  I was supposed to have my SRS on the brain met they found when I was at NIH in October, but wound up here after extreme back pain and pain and heaviness in my legs today.  I was hoping to hear that you had continued success with the TIL trial. Maybe with being able to have the TIL you will respond well to whatever treatment is next.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for good days ahead for all of us.   Best wishes Bill!    Vince

mrsaxde
            Participant

Vince, I'm sorry about your most recent setback. I hope they find a treatment that works for you! Thanks for your wishes.

-Bill

Bubbles
            Participant

Oh, Bill!!!  I am so sorry.  However, I know you can find a new path.  Hang tough and keep us posted!  c

mrsaxde
                Participant

Thanks Celeste. I have three big reasons to keep looking for new treatments and to keep fighting: Addie-5, Ben-2, and Nora-3 months. My grandchildren. I am determined to be around long enough that they'll all remember me.

Bubbles
                  Participant

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!  c

Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics