The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The most important new drug of 2015? :)

Forums General Melanoma Community The most important new drug of 2015? :)

Participant

….panRAF inhibitors.

Stage 1 trials just starting. These pills seems similar to BRAF/MEK in attacking proteins but use multiple paths making them potentially impossible to become resistent too. Promising!

(I can't paste the link unfortunately, anyone else having issues pasting text on MPIP?!)

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Wader
        Participant

Are there trials in the US? From what I read trials are offered in the UK.

Hope there will be some in the US.

Wader
          Participant

rick1981
              Participant

There is a trial open, can't paste the link as usual but it's called LY3009120 on the clinicaltrials.gov website. The company behind the drug is Eli Lilly (?).

They are recruiting in Boston, Scotsdale AZ and Houston.

rick1981
                Participant

There is a trial open, can't paste the link as usual but it's called LY3009120 on the clinicaltrials.gov website. The company behind the drug is Eli Lilly (?).

rick1981
                  Participant

rick1981
                    Participant

The trial in the UK (different one it seems) will be in the Royal Marsden in London and the Christie Hospital in Manchester – recruitment hasn't started yet.

rick1981
                      Participant

The trial in the UK (different one it seems) will be in the Royal Marsden in London and the Christie Hospital in Manchester – recruitment hasn't started yet.

rick1981
                        Participant

Wader
                        Participant

arthurjedi007
                          Participant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2894612/Revolutionary-new-PILL-treat-skin-cancer-Scientists-discover-drug-help-patients-resistant-standard-treatments.html

Sounds fantastic. Hope it works. Also for the 30%ish of us that are B-RAF positive but B-RAF doesn't work I hope this works.

Thanks Rick.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                            Participant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2894612/Revolutionary-new-PILL-treat-skin-cancer-Scientists-discover-drug-help-patients-resistant-standard-treatments.html

Sounds fantastic. Hope it works. Also for the 30%ish of us that are B-RAF positive but B-RAF doesn't work I hope this works.

Thanks Rick.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                              Participant

Thanks Rick.

Artie

Ninniditti
                                Participant
                                  Hi!
                                  I have read the linked page but don't understand if the new drug only works if you are BRAF positive. 
                                  Ninniditti
                                  Participant
                                    Hi!
                                    I have read the linked page but don't understand if the new drug only works if you are BRAF positive. 
                                    Ninniditti
                                    Participant
                                      Hi!
                                        arthurjedi007
                                        Participant

Good question. I don't understand either.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                          Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                            Participant

Artie

Bubbles
                                            Participant

PAN raf…..means that.  Covering a wide range of pathways….in theory…BRAF, NRAS, etc. Of course, time will tell. The downside may be that while they cover a greater range of pathways, they may induce a greater range of side effects as well. Of course, time will tell and we can hope.

PS….to post a link? Easy peasy. Use the "chain link" icon.

Here's to many new things and wonderful breakthroughs in 2015! C

Bubbles
                                              Participant

PAN raf…..means that.  Covering a wide range of pathways….in theory…BRAF, NRAS, etc. Of course, time will tell. The downside may be that while they cover a greater range of pathways, they may induce a greater range of side effects as well. Of course, time will tell and we can hope.

rick1981
                                                  Participant

(Neither the good ol' copy-paste or the chain thingy work for me somehow – must be my old browser)

rick1981
                                                    Participant

(Neither the good ol' copy-paste or the chain thingy work for me somehow – must be my old browser)

rick1981
                                                      Participant

rick1981
                                                        Participant

On the side effects, for what it's worth: "the two drugs were effective at stopping drug-resistant tumors in mice without any accompanying serious side-effects".

rick1981
                                                          Participant

On the side effects, for what it's worth: "the two drugs were effective at stopping drug-resistant tumors in mice without any accompanying serious side-effects".

rick1981
                                                            Participant

Bubbles
                                                            Participant

rick1981
                                                              Participant

Any news on the panRAF inhibitors? Is anyone on MPIP participating in a trial or planning to?

Hibby1975
                                                                  Participant

My husband has just started a phase 1 pan raf trial (millennium). He is struggling with some of the side effects, fatigue, joint pain and nausea. He has only had his second dose so far and he doesn't have a scan until March. It would be interesting to know if anyone has heard any more about pan raf or if anyone else is on the trial. 

We are based in the uk.

Hibby1975
                                                                    Participant

My husband has just started a phase 1 pan raf trial (millennium). He is struggling with some of the side effects, fatigue, joint pain and nausea. He has only had his second dose so far and he doesn't have a scan until March. It would be interesting to know if anyone has heard any more about pan raf or if anyone else is on the trial. 

We are based in the uk.

Hibby1975
                                                                      Participant

We are based in the uk.

rick1981
                                                                      Participant

Any news on the panRAF inhibitors? Is anyone on MPIP participating in a trial or planning to?

rick1981
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics