The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The count-down is ON… one month to go, one month to go, one month to go…..

Forums General Melanoma Community The count-down is ON… one month to go, one month to go, one month to go…..

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

Actually, it's 29 days til SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!  They have to make up a snow-day on Allyssa's birthday, or they'd be out a day earlier.  Good Friday they had to make up one snow day.  Thankfully, the OTHER 4 days they missed for weather was written off!  I think this has been the roughest year so far with the 3 grandgirlies.. Hell….o—- I can't wait for them to get out of school!!!

Actually, it's 29 days til SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!  They have to make up a snow-day on Allyssa's birthday, or they'd be out a day earlier.  Good Friday they had to make up one snow day.  Thankfully, the OTHER 4 days they missed for weather was written off!  I think this has been the roughest year so far with the 3 grandgirlies.. Hell….o—- I can't wait for them to get out of school!!!

Next year will probably be worse, since Allyssa's gonna be in Junior High!  Especially logistics—-does she ride the bus, or do I take the younger two girls to their school, then hope I can get Lucy (Allyssa) to her school in 15 minutes?  I'm soooo sick of homework I could puke!!  Heck, Lacy, in Kindergarten, has had as much homework as the other two!!  There's been ONE week all year that all 3 girls DIDN'T get in trouble of some kind. ONE!  And THAT was the FIRST week of school!  The rest of the weeks, it's been one, two or all 3.  You know, regular stuff like talking when not supposed to, not paying attention, playing instead of listening, refusing to help pick up, name-calling, hair-pulling, fighting, not turning in assignments on time or not at all, staying in the bathroom too long, late for school (um, that'd be Lacy—she'll go to the cafeteria for breakfast, and not go to her room until she's finished eating.)  So report cards come out, and the other two girls haven't been late at all, and then Lacy's late 11, yes, ELEVEN times this past 6 weeks.  I got a friggin' letter from the district about 'truancy" on her for being late so much.  I threw a fit!   She can't tell time, and I guess either doesn't hear the bell or ignores it, BUT—-why isn't there someone in the cafe telling kids to go to class?!?!?!   Not MY fault when they get to school at 7:15am so they can eat breakfast, and school starts at 8:00!!  (Big sign outside—-"IF IT'S 8:00, YOU'RE LATE!!!".)   Since I'm "only" temporary guardian/custodian, they're eligible for free breakfasts and lunches.  Yep, I've taken advantage of it every year—-saves me a small fortune.  That will stop when I go for full custody (soon).

The girls and I wil be spending most of June in AR with my mama.  She's been here (with me) the last 2 weeks.  I've really enjoyed her visit!   She hasn't felt good at all (never does), but she's managed well, and today, got a shower by herself for the first time in 16 months!!   Of course I chewed her butt for not telling me and letting me help her (we don't have any handrails or anything to hold to, to get in the tub).  But she was so proud of herself and I'm so proud of her.  She's been in an "I'm dying, so I give-up" mode for the last 16 months, and I'm seeing a change where she wants to do for herself instead of doing NOTHING for herself.  Granted, she can't do a lot.  She gets out of breath just walking down the hall to the bathroom, or from the living room to the kitchen.  She's on oxygen most of the time now, and it seems to be helping her a lot.

My high school is having another reunion this year—for alumni years 1967 – 1982.  I can't wait!!  Last year was my 2nd reunion—we had a 10-yr reunion, and a "That 70's" reunion (21 years later!)   Then mom's 84th birthday is June 22.  Gonna have a big party!  All the fam. will be there except my now "dead to me" brother, sis-in-law, and their kids/grands.  They stopped visiting and calling mom around September.  Sent her 4 cards.. 2 before Christmas, and 2 before his birthday, and I guess since they didn't get a check or anything, they don't need her anymore, so even the cards stopped.   I'm still mad as hell for what they did to her, and how they're treating her now.  She's grieving for yet another son, though this one is alive and well, just a dirty rotten bastard!  I lost the wrong brother—the one that died from cancer 16 years ago.  He would NEVER have done what they did to her.  Grrrrrr…. I gotta get off that subject! 

We're gonna take the grands to Disney World, then to Ft. Lauderdale for Barbie Convention.  The oldest is going with me this year!!  I'm as excited as SHE is.. she's gonna love it!    Already dreading Disney…and the heat/humidity.   I know I can't walk it (Disney), so I've arranged to get an electric cart there.  John told me the other day…"We may be sharing it!". haha!!

OHHH.. and Mr. SOPOS Bill????  I'v'e already map-quested your place….. I'm coming to see the OLD man that's given me hell here for 10+ years now!  If you're on vacation, that's okay, we'll just make ourselves at home.  That pool's gonna be great, and, other than fruity YOU, if there's any fruit on your trees, it will be gone when you return.  =)~

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics