The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Beast is back

Forums General Melanoma Community The Beast is back

Participant

The news from my CT scan and oncologist today were not good. Two and a half years after it spread to my lungs, it now has shown up in my liver. I'll go back on Wednesday for another scan, a full-body PET. The oncologist wants to find out if the lesion on my liver is the only one, or if there are others. So we don't know what the treatment protocol will be. If there's just the one lesion, we might try radiofrequency ablation. If there is more than one, we'll have to try something else.

The news from my CT scan and oncologist today were not good. Two and a half years after it spread to my lungs, it now has shown up in my liver. I'll go back on Wednesday for another scan, a full-body PET. The oncologist wants to find out if the lesion on my liver is the only one, or if there are others. So we don't know what the treatment protocol will be. If there's just the one lesion, we might try radiofrequency ablation. If there is more than one, we'll have to try something else.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Walter,

I'm sorry to read your news.  If it is a single liver mets (and no other areas of metastasis) surgery might be possible.  Please keep in touch.  I had a 4.5 cm mass in the right lobe of my liver almost 6 years ago!!!  I had 70% of my liver removed…a very aggressive surgeon.  Please feel free to contact me when you find out more.

One day at a time.

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
          Participant

Walter,

I'm sorry to read your news.  If it is a single liver mets (and no other areas of metastasis) surgery might be possible.  Please keep in touch.  I had a 4.5 cm mass in the right lobe of my liver almost 6 years ago!!!  I had 70% of my liver removed…a very aggressive surgeon.  Please feel free to contact me when you find out more.

One day at a time.

Stay Strong
            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lhaley
            Participant

Walter,

I'm sorry to hear that mel has come back to haunt you again.  You were able to beat it before and plan on doing the same again!

With this new format when many register they have to change their name slightly. Is this Walter from Charleston?

Let us know how the PET goes.
              Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Walter,

I'm sorry to hear that mel has come back to haunt you again.  You were able to beat it before and plan on doing the same again!

With this new format when many register they have to change their name slightly. Is this Walter from Charleston?

Let us know how the PET goes.
                Linda

Rocklove
                Participant
                  Sorry to hear it’s back… Just get your battle gear back on. I inquired about the ablation procedure several months ago..they told me I needed to have less than 5 tumors on the liver. Unfortuneatly I have many more. It might be good. It sure sounds like a great treatment.
                  Praying for You and Family to beat the beast.
                  Rocky (stage IV liver mets)
                  Rocklove
                  Participant
                    Sorry to hear it’s back… Just get your battle gear back on. I inquired about the ablation procedure several months ago..they told me I needed to have less than 5 tumors on the liver. Unfortuneatly I have many more. It might be good. It sure sounds like a great treatment.
                    Praying for You and Family to beat the beast.
                    Rocky (stage IV liver mets)
                    LynnLuc
                    Participant

Sorry to hear about your news. Hoping it is just the one and you go back to NED soon!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Sorry to hear about your news. Hoping it is just the one and you go back to NED soon!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics