The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Battle is On, Let’s think about shrinking Melanoma like Dorothy did to the Wicked Witch of the East, and Melt it down…

Forums General Melanoma Community The Battle is On, Let’s think about shrinking Melanoma like Dorothy did to the Wicked Witch of the East, and Melt it down…

Participant

Well it was brought to my attention that Surgery is truly not an option. The doctor concluded that the nodule to be VAT'ed for biospy is too close to the center of the lung, very close to a major vien, so he ordered us back to UCSF for a needle biopsy. We have already received a call from UCSF to get that scheduled. So if it proves to be melanoma then we will discuss treatment options…I guess! 

I don't know how you old timers continue to march on, but I appreciate that you do and that you stay and post…thank you!

Well it was brought to my attention that Surgery is truly not an option. The doctor concluded that the nodule to be VAT'ed for biospy is too close to the center of the lung, very close to a major vien, so he ordered us back to UCSF for a needle biopsy. We have already received a call from UCSF to get that scheduled. So if it proves to be melanoma then we will discuss treatment options…I guess! 

I don't know how you old timers continue to march on, but I appreciate that you do and that you stay and post…thank you!

Holy Smokers…So I tried to get surgery, but it is a no go…I guess.  I need advise…

Suzan AB

Stage IV

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carmon in NM
        Participant

Thanks so much for the words of support, Susan, and back at ya!

Dang I wish I had something helpful to say but it sounds like they have put you in a holding pattern until you can get a biopsy done and I know how we all hate that kind of wait. Things always seem so much better when we have something definitive to work with and a treatment plan in place.

My best wishes and prayers that it turns out to NOT be mel and if it is, know that we will be here to support you and help you get through whatever treatment you end up deciding on. Thinking of you – Carmon in NM

Suzan AB
            Participant

Thanks Camron!  This is the hardest, most stressful for me…the waiting…OmmOmm

Ok, better…thanks again, butterfly kisses and pooh bear hugs to you…

Suz AB

Suzan AB
              Participant

Thanks Camron!  This is the hardest, most stressful for me…the waiting…OmmOmm

Ok, better…thanks again, butterfly kisses and pooh bear hugs to you…

Suz AB

Carmon in NM
              Participant

Thanks so much for the words of support, Susan, and back at ya!

Dang I wish I had something helpful to say but it sounds like they have put you in a holding pattern until you can get a biopsy done and I know how we all hate that kind of wait. Things always seem so much better when we have something definitive to work with and a treatment plan in place.

My best wishes and prayers that it turns out to NOT be mel and if it is, know that we will be here to support you and help you get through whatever treatment you end up deciding on. Thinking of you – Carmon in NM

lhaley
                Participant

It seems that so much of our time is "watch and wait".  While your doing this remember to live each day to the fullest. Laughter is the best medicine around!!

Good luck with the needle biopsy!

Linda

JakeinNY
                    Participant

Linda said it best. Best wishes.

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Linda said it best. Best wishes.

lhaley
                      Participant

It seems that so much of our time is "watch and wait".  While your doing this remember to live each day to the fullest. Laughter is the best medicine around!!

Good luck with the needle biopsy!

Linda

MaryD
                        Participant

Hi Suzan,

I had VAT surgery at UCSF that was done by Dr. David Jablons – he is excellent.  You might want to ask your UCSF Dr if it might be worth it to see him for a second opinion as it sounds like the surgeon you consulted was located somewhere else.

In any case, wishing you good luck and encourage you to explore all options . .

Mary

MaryD
                          Participant

Hi Suzan,

I had VAT surgery at UCSF that was done by Dr. David Jablons – he is excellent.  You might want to ask your UCSF Dr if it might be worth it to see him for a second opinion as it sounds like the surgeon you consulted was located somewhere else.

In any case, wishing you good luck and encourage you to explore all options . .

Mary

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics