The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

The Amazing Race!

Forums General Melanoma Community The Amazing Race!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant

The Amazing Race has been one of my favorites 'reality' shows for years now. Chiefly because it takes me places I will never get to go, like Norway, Singapore, Thailand. And also becaue they make those folks do things I would never do, like scale skyscrapers and walk tightropes.

I missed the first episode last week because I was in Las Vegas, but since I am busy coming down with a cold today, I decided to waste an hour watching it on my new big screen, high def laptop.

The Amazing Race has been one of my favorites 'reality' shows for years now. Chiefly because it takes me places I will never get to go, like Norway, Singapore, Thailand. And also becaue they make those folks do things I would never do, like scale skyscrapers and walk tightropes.

I missed the first episode last week because I was in Las Vegas, but since I am busy coming down with a cold today, I decided to waste an hour watching it on my new big screen, high def laptop.

There are some really strong women pairs this year, one pair, beach volleyball team mates, one pair doctors, one pair host a local shopping show in texas.

It was one of THEM, the tv gals, who really smacked me today when I saw her take a watermelon to the face. YES. I swear! I hope that they took her IMMEDIATELY to a local hospital and had an MRI done. They had this task, where they had to use this catapult to launch a watermelon across a field, and knock down this suit of armor. And after trying it a dozen times or more, this chick let's loose the slingshot and it bounces the melon off the band (or something) and propels it backward smack into her face. The watermelon literally exploded. They showed this several times via replay and you can see the way her head snaps back and forward, and then she says several times that she 'can't feel her face' She got up and finished her task, and they moved forward, but I'll be curious tonight to see if her face is completely swollen with black eyes swelled shut.

I've also found myself enjoying a new show on FX called "Terriers" which is about a pair of pitiful PIs.

I'm determined to stay inside the next few days so that I do not expose anyone else to this nasty cold. SO..if anyone has any suggestions for new TV I should check out, let me know, and I'll have something to break up the time lying in bed reading…this computer is pretty perfect for tv viewing

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics