The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you Swanee for doing the bell ringing

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank you Swanee for doing the bell ringing

Participant

Hello,

I wanted to thank every member that rang a bell in my mom's name on January 9th.  It brought so much comfort to my whole family to know that my mom had so much support.  It really touched our hearts.  This is a wonderful community with great people.  It was so amazing to see people all over the world honoring my mother's struggle and fight.  Thanks so much from the bottom of my family's hearts to everyone that took part.  I can't thank you guys enough or begin to say how touching that was.

Thank you,

Heather-Denise Kirley's daughter

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Heather.What a blessed family.You love for your mom and her love for you was exceptional.Know also your mom was loved by all of us on this site..Prayers sent your way.  aldakota22

aldakota22
          Participant

Heather.What a blessed family.You love for your mom and her love for you was exceptional.Know also your mom was loved by all of us on this site..Prayers sent your way.  aldakota22

aldakota22
            Participant

Swanee
              Participant

Dear Heather and Holly, 

I too, was touched and healed by those who took the time to post and ring a bell in honor and memory of your Mom and our dear friend, Denise. I know there are many countless others, who did not post, but I know were ringing bells too, in every corner of our world  and I know Denise could hear each one.  I believe that she was lifted to the heavens on the waves of our bells ringing and guiding her gently  to her place of rest, while being reunited with loved ones who have gone on before her.

I know I can safely speak for others and myself batling with this disease, what a very lonely and devastating place it is, when we turn our computers on and read news that we've lost yet another friend from our MPIP family!  I have spent many a day, at my computer, broken hearted, mourning the loss of someone here, who felt like an old friend, whom I've never met physically, but was touched with love and inspiration by their remarkable journey they chose to share with me.

We are all so grateful and honored that you took the time in the midst of your pain and grief to keep us informed of  Denise's journey when she was no longer able to do it herself. You have no idea what that meant to all of us here, to stay in the moment with our friend and support  her and her family  in her final days of her earthly journey.  We too, have much healing to do, after losing such a beloved member.

It is always comforting to us, when family stays in touch and shares that silver lining  to the legacy their loved one left behind. I know you will be blessed in the days ahead with the awareness of how far and wide your Mom's love and courage stretched and touched so many, not just her MPIP family!

Sending blessings of continued healing and comfort as you let go of  the physical life you once shared with your Mom and transition into the spiritual life that you will continue to know  and embrace.  Your Mom's love and presence will remain in and with you, forever and always.

Swanee

Swanee
                Participant

Dear Heather and Holly, 

I too, was touched and healed by those who took the time to post and ring a bell in honor and memory of your Mom and our dear friend, Denise. I know there are many countless others, who did not post, but I know were ringing bells too, in every corner of our world  and I know Denise could hear each one.  I believe that she was lifted to the heavens on the waves of our bells ringing and guiding her gently  to her place of rest, while being reunited with loved ones who have gone on before her.

I know I can safely speak for others and myself batling with this disease, what a very lonely and devastating place it is, when we turn our computers on and read news that we've lost yet another friend from our MPIP family!  I have spent many a day, at my computer, broken hearted, mourning the loss of someone here, who felt like an old friend, whom I've never met physically, but was touched with love and inspiration by their remarkable journey they chose to share with me.

We are all so grateful and honored that you took the time in the midst of your pain and grief to keep us informed of  Denise's journey when she was no longer able to do it herself. You have no idea what that meant to all of us here, to stay in the moment with our friend and support  her and her family  in her final days of her earthly journey.  We too, have much healing to do, after losing such a beloved member.

It is always comforting to us, when family stays in touch and shares that silver lining  to the legacy their loved one left behind. I know you will be blessed in the days ahead with the awareness of how far and wide your Mom's love and courage stretched and touched so many, not just her MPIP family!

Sending blessings of continued healing and comfort as you let go of  the physical life you once shared with your Mom and transition into the spiritual life that you will continue to know  and embrace.  Your Mom's love and presence will remain in and with you, forever and always.

Swanee

Swanee
                  Participant

Dear Heather and Holly, 

Swanee

POW
                    Participant

So good to hear from you, Heather. Thank you for continuing to be warm and generous with your time to those of us here. Must be part of your character. 

I also want to thank Swanee for suggesting the bell ringing. Seeing all the love and good wishes made me feel good, too. I have seen one or two "roll calls" during my time on MPIP, but this was my first bell ringing. A lovely tradition. Thanks to Swanee and to everyone who participated. 

POW
                      Participant

So good to hear from you, Heather. Thank you for continuing to be warm and generous with your time to those of us here. Must be part of your character. 

I also want to thank Swanee for suggesting the bell ringing. Seeing all the love and good wishes made me feel good, too. I have seen one or two "roll calls" during my time on MPIP, but this was my first bell ringing. A lovely tradition. Thanks to Swanee and to everyone who participated. 

POW
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics