The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you medical community.

Forums General Melanoma Community Thank you medical community.

Participant

About a year and a half ago I had a very low moment in a Publix Supermarket.   I had just finished the complete course of treatment with ipi.  At the follow-up scans we discovered that I had not responded and my mets had grown larger.  A few weeks later I was at the deli counter in Publix next to a young man who reminded me of my son: about the same age, similar height, same beginnings of male-pattern-baldness.  He was holding an infant a few months old.  It struck me that I may not live to see granchildren.   I teared up and almost broke down right there in front of the mortadella.  This afternoon, my daughter-in-law delivered a 7 pound, 5 ounce grandson who I expect to see graduate from high school.  Thank you researchers, BMS, Moffitt, all my doctors, nurses & techs, and of course my newly-expanded family.  And all of you.         Dan

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Congradulations Grandpa.With a PMA & the team work of all involved including Gods help you will see him graduate from high school.Happy & healthful future to you.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Congradulations Grandpa.With a PMA & the team work of all involved including Gods help you will see him graduate from high school.Happy & healthful future to you.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
            Participant

kaney2021
              Participant

Many people, like yourself, have asked me what I think of taking aromatherapy courses versus just doing self-study via the Internet. metagenics

kaney2021
                Participant

Many people, like yourself, have asked me what I think of taking aromatherapy courses versus just doing self-study via the Internet. metagenics

kaney2021
                  Participant

kaney2021
                    Participant

kaney2021
                      Participant

kaney2021
                        Participant

NYKaren
                          Participant

Congratulations, Dan.

Your post really hits home for me…when I think or speak of beating this beast, it's always in terms of living to hold a grandchild. No pressure, kids, but I really hope my daughter's date goes well tonight…(99.999999% kidding–they know that!)

hugs and kisses to that sweet little one.   What's his name?

Karen

NYKaren
                            Participant

Congratulations, Dan.

Your post really hits home for me…when I think or speak of beating this beast, it's always in terms of living to hold a grandchild. No pressure, kids, but I really hope my daughter's date goes well tonight…(99.999999% kidding–they know that!)

Karen

NYKaren
                              Participant

Congratulations, Dan.

Karen

JerryfromFauq
                                Participant

Know that feeling!  Had two Great grand's since I was told I was gone.  (Stay stubborn!)

JerryfromFauq
                                  Participant

Know that feeling!  Had two Great grand's since I was told I was gone.  (Stay stubborn!)

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics