The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Thank you all

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community Thank you all

Participant

I have been checking Melanoma.org just about every day for the past 16 mts now.  This board and all who visit have been such a source of comfort and information during one of the most difficult times of my life.  Sadly, my father passed away last week.  He was at peace with it all so my family and I were as well, or try to be depending on the moement.  I would like to thank each and every one of you for your wisdom, strength, and encouragement.  

My father was unfortunately diagnosed late, (hemorrhoid??) with mucosal melanoma so I knew the odds were against him however, I knew we gave it the best fight, in part, because of all of the vital, up to date information found on this blog.  Honestly, this was really the one place I knew I could find the most recent information, statistics and personal stories.  So much of what is found online is years old with grim statistics.  There is basically no information on mucosal melanoma to make it worse. 

I wish you all luck in fighting this horrendous disease and promise to do all I can to raise money and help to fight in honor of my father and all of you.

Best of luck

Lorraine Palumbo

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant

Oh Lorraine,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I wish there were some words I could say but there just aren't. You and your family are in my prayers.

– Paul.

AnitaLoree
            Participant

Lorraine:  I am sorry to hear your Dad did not win this round but what a fight his family team put up.  You were all in the ring together and did your best against a tough opponent.  Yes, this Board is a treasure and MRF a valuable resource.  The postings of folks here have helped my husband, determined fighter that he is, appreciate the scope of problems others are facing and put his own in perspective as certainly copable.  The tenacity and courage of so many here inspire him. Finding a melanoma board was the best advice I've ever gotten to help us do battle with mel.  Our sympathy to you and your family as celebrate your Dad's life.  A.L.

tschmith
              Participant

Hi Lorraine…I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a difficult time but I'm glad he had such a loving and supporting family.  

Also, thank you for your continued support for those of us as we continue to battle and hopefully conquer this scary cancer as well as all cancers!

One of my friend's mottos is "No One Fights Alone".

Blessings to you and your family.

Terrie

tschmith
                Participant

Hi Lorraine…I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a difficult time but I'm glad he had such a loving and supporting family.  

Also, thank you for your continued support for those of us as we continue to battle and hopefully conquer this scary cancer as well as all cancers!

Terrie

tschmith
                  Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                    Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                      Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                        Participant

Terrie

AnitaLoree
                          Participant

Lorraine:  I am sorry to hear your Dad did not win this round but what a fight his family team put up.  You were all in the ring together and did your best against a tough opponent.  Yes, this Board is a treasure and MRF a valuable resource.  The postings of folks here have helped my husband, determined fighter that he is, appreciate the scope of problems others are facing and put his own in perspective as certainly copable.  The tenacity and courage of so many here inspire him. Finding a melanoma board was the best advice I've ever gotten to help us do battle with mel.  Our sympathy to you and your family as celebrate your Dad's life.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                            Participant

_Paul_
                            Participant

Oh Lorraine,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I wish there were some words I could say but there just aren't. You and your family are in my prayers.

– Paul.

_Paul_
                              Participant

Oh Lorraine,

– Paul.

jbronicki
                                Participant

So sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you all.  You are a wonderful daughter to your dad.

Best,

Jackie

jbronicki
                                  Participant

So sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you all.  You are a wonderful daughter to your dad.

Best,

Jackie

jbronicki
                                    Participant

Best,

Jackie

Bubbles
                                      Participant

So sorry, Lorraine. Wishing sweet memories and peace for you and yours. C

Bubbles
                                        Participant

Bubbles
                                          Participant

dentholla
                                            Participant

Lorraine, I am very sorry for your loss.  I wish you peace in your continued journey without him. 

dentholla
                                              Participant

Lorraine, I am very sorry for your loss.  I wish you peace in your continued journey without him. 

dentholla
                                                Participant

CHD
                                                  Participant

Lorraine,

I too have the mucosal form of melanoma.  I am so sorry for your loss. What you said about mucosal melanoma is so true, and I agree the forum is such a wonderful support for all of us.  We need more warriors like you, and you sound like a wonderful daughter.  Blessings.

Cheri

CHD
                                                    Participant

Lorraine,

I too have the mucosal form of melanoma.  I am so sorry for your loss. What you said about mucosal melanoma is so true, and I agree the forum is such a wonderful support for all of us.  We need more warriors like you, and you sound like a wonderful daughter.  Blessings.

Cheri

CHD
                                                      Participant

Lorraine,

Cheri

arthurjedi007
                                                        Participant

So sad. Stupid awful disease.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                          Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                            Participant

Artie

Mom2Addy
                                                              Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. My prayers are with you and your family. 

Mom2Addy
                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. My prayers are with you and your family. 

Mom2Addy
                                                                  Participant

stars
                                                                    Participant

Lorraine, your father is lucky to have such a loving daughter. What a shame that diagnosis was so late. Rest in peace.

stars
                                                                      Participant

Lorraine, your father is lucky to have such a loving daughter. What a shame that diagnosis was so late. Rest in peace.

stars
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics