The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Temodar Drug -need immed. infor

Forums General Melanoma Community Temodar Drug -need immed. infor

Participant

Started on IPI for mel tumors. Now dr. see that inoperable tumor is growing. Not respond to IPI. Does anyone have any experience with Temodar? Dr. want to start that immed. Any information appreciated.

Started on IPI for mel tumors. Now dr. see that inoperable tumor is growing. Not respond to IPI. Does anyone have any experience with Temodar? Dr. want to start that immed. Any information appreciated.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

No experience, but there are many who have done Temodar here.  Do a search for Temodar on the BB.  At the top of the postings, there is a separate tab for "Search".  Try doing a search there first.  In general, I believe it is tolerated very well by most to take it.

Best wishes,
          Janner

Janner
          Participant

No experience, but there are many who have done Temodar here.  Do a search for Temodar on the BB.  At the top of the postings, there is a separate tab for "Search".  Try doing a search there first.  In general, I believe it is tolerated very well by most to take it.

Best wishes,
            Janner

Janner
            Participant

Best wishes,
              Janner

Charlie S
              Participant

Though not completely understood why, Temador (temozolomide) is thought to disrupt the cellular functions of cancer and is known to be able to penetrate the blood brain membrane.  It is given in various day cycles and has been used widely with many types of cancers and has varied results over varied timelines.

Mainly, the side effects can be nauseau, fatigue and  constipation.  These symptoms can be moderated by the time of day taken and the proper timing of food intake.

Temador has also been combined many times with Thalidomide(thalomide)………..known as T&T.

Yes, I have taken it.

Dependent on tumor location, have you considered IL-2?

Cheers,

Charlie S

j.m.l.
                  Participant

I understand the temodar is used with other kinds of cancer, I have right now an inoperable melanoma tumor in my arm. Ipi did not reduce this tumor at all. You said that you have taken this drug. Did you find any success????. If yes, great for you. If not, what did you do next??

not very happy now, JML

j.m.l.
                    Participant

I understand the temodar is used with other kinds of cancer, I have right now an inoperable melanoma tumor in my arm. Ipi did not reduce this tumor at all. You said that you have taken this drug. Did you find any success????. If yes, great for you. If not, what did you do next??

not very happy now, JML

j.m.l.
                      Participant

not very happy now, JML

j.m.l.
                        Participant

not very happy now, JML

MariaH
                          Participant

My husband is on Temodar (low dose) right now.  I can't give any results, because he goes for scans on the 22nd.  He first tried IL-2, which he was not a responder, and then Temodar.

I hope it is woking for him, but in all realty, don't know right now.

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                            Participant

My husband is on Temodar (low dose) right now.  I can't give any results, because he goes for scans on the 22nd.  He first tried IL-2, which he was not a responder, and then Temodar.

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                              Participant

Best wishes,

Maria

j.m.l.
                                Participant

not very happy now, JML

j.m.l.
                                  Participant

not very happy now, JML

Charlie S
                                  Participant

Though not completely understood why, Temador (temozolomide) is thought to disrupt the cellular functions of cancer and is known to be able to penetrate the blood brain membrane.  It is given in various day cycles and has been used widely with many types of cancers and has varied results over varied timelines.

Mainly, the side effects can be nauseau, fatigue and  constipation.  These symptoms can be moderated by the time of day taken and the proper timing of food intake.

Temador has also been combined many times with Thalidomide(thalomide)………..known as T&T.

Yes, I have taken it.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Yes, I have taken it.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics