The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Temodar

Forums General Melanoma Community Temodar

Participant
      I just started Temodar this week after ipi which helped with my internal organs but I still have many new tumors on the surface of my skin. Which I hope with Temodar and the radiation that it slows this down while I wit to see about getting on a pD1 trial. 3 days and I’m feeling fine have not felt any side effects yet. But I had no side effects on IPI out side of some fatigue once in a while.
      John
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        DeniseK
        Participant

Hey John,

I was going to do Temodar but my doctor put me on the MEK/BRAF combo.  I too finished Ipi almost a month ago.  The MEK is helping with my sub q's.  Not sure about my brain yet still waiting on an MRI but I hear that Temodar breaks the brain barrier.  Do you have brain mets?  Are you BRAF negative?  Just wondered why your doctor would choose temodar before MEK/BRAF.  I've heard good things about Temodar so I'm hoping the best for you.

Denise

Jwfd808
            Participant
              Most of my problem seem to be in my skin my internal organs are all clean now. And yes I’m BRAF negative so kind of limits me.
              Sandy11
              Participant

my husband started Temodar late May.. just BEFORE finding brain mets. After radiation and continued Temodar monthly, there has been some tumor shrinkage. He'll have more scans early next month. Like you, he is BRAF negative. The only side effects have been nausia the 1st day of each treatment and some fatigue.  (he also went through IPI treatment.. it helped, but shut down his adrenal function… this is controlled with steroids) We've heard good things about Temodar .. wishing you the best.

paul Lyons
                Participant

Aloha. I took temodar for a year, during which I worked and had few side-effects. When the drug seemed to stop working, most of the skin lessions that were on my face were gone, and the two remaining ones could be taken out surgically. It apparently doesn't work for many, but I was lucky and received a definite benefit.

Paul

paul Lyons
                  Participant

Aloha. I took temodar for a year, during which I worked and had few side-effects. When the drug seemed to stop working, most of the skin lessions that were on my face were gone, and the two remaining ones could be taken out surgically. It apparently doesn't work for many, but I was lucky and received a definite benefit.

Paul

paul Lyons
                    Participant

Paul

Sandy11
                      Participant

my husband started Temodar late May.. just BEFORE finding brain mets. After radiation and continued Temodar monthly, there has been some tumor shrinkage. He'll have more scans early next month. Like you, he is BRAF negative. The only side effects have been nausia the 1st day of each treatment and some fatigue.  (he also went through IPI treatment.. it helped, but shut down his adrenal function… this is controlled with steroids) We've heard good things about Temodar .. wishing you the best.

Sandy11
                        Participant

Jwfd808
                          Participant
                            Most of my problem seem to be in my skin my internal organs are all clean now. And yes I’m BRAF negative so kind of limits me.
                            Jwfd808
                            Participant
                            DeniseK
                            Participant

Hey John,

I was going to do Temodar but my doctor put me on the MEK/BRAF combo.  I too finished Ipi almost a month ago.  The MEK is helping with my sub q's.  Not sure about my brain yet still waiting on an MRI but I hear that Temodar breaks the brain barrier.  Do you have brain mets?  Are you BRAF negative?  Just wondered why your doctor would choose temodar before MEK/BRAF.  I've heard good things about Temodar so I'm hoping the best for you.

Denise

DeniseK
                              Participant

Hey John,

Denise

KRob
                                Participant
                                  Temodar worked well for my internal mets. I was fortunate to have a quick, sustained response of 8 yrs so far.
                                  I did not have surface lesions, but I’m sure it can work for both.
                                  KRob
                                  Participant
                                    Temodar worked well for my internal mets. I was fortunate to have a quick, sustained response of 8 yrs so far.
                                    KRob
                                    Participant
                                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics