The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Taf/Mek after Keytruda fail

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Taf/Mek after Keytruda fail

Participant
      Dear all,
      I would like to update my father’s (67y.o.)story.
      He was diagnosed in 04/2018, primary removed in 05/2018 with results : nodular type, III C stage, breslow 2,2 mm, clark IV, Ulcerated, 2 sentinel nodes positive.
      Reocurence in 10/2018, two nodules arround scar, growing really very fast(tennis balls in final) with more and more mets in skin.
      He got imunotherapy (keytruda/ pembrolizumab) in 11/2018
      After 5 rounds no results. Tumors grew very fast, and made more and more metastatic balls ( more than 40!!) arround scar from chest to knee (primary located on abdomen)
      We started to be absolutely desperate seeing him suffer so much.
      He was not able to walk or sit anymore.. Was in terrific pain.. No medicament helped..
      He went to hospital in 02/2019. Ct results showed keytruda failed, and he has many small nodules in lungs..
      We thought he will die there.. Was not able to speak.. Morphine didn’t work, he was in constant horrible pain.. Every night.. I woke up, with terrifying feeling I am loosing him.. And that I am so *** helpless! So full of *** feeling I failed!!

Onkologist visited him in hospital and after some tests decided to change his treatment to Tafinlar/Mekinist.. Cos they found he is BRAF positive..
      And the mirracle came.. Finally!!!

My father started to walk, his tumors on skin reduced and shrinked more than 50%! His skin starting to look so healthy and perfect.. Balls are dissapearing everyday.. He has only few of them now!! He speak again, he is in sooo wonderful positive mood. More positive than ever.. He stand up from bed and walk, exercise a little bit to get fit.. Does some small housework..
      I love him so much and my heart is dancing like never!

This is one of my precious moments in my life.. To see his smile again.. He is without pain.. I can’t believe it..
      Hope this treatment will last very long time.. (I know it’s very disputable) I pray for it everyday..

I do not have any questions.. Just would like to share our story.. To give hope maybe.. I like reading sories here, they give me so much hope and strenght… Thank you all for sharing and helping ppl..

(sry 4 my english ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        sister of patient
        Participant

Hi Veronika – Excellent news!! So happy for you that your dad is responding this way. I've always thought Taf/Mek performed miracles too!!!! Best wishes to both of you!!

Barb

Nympha
            Participant
              Thank you Barb!
              I am sooo happy :o)
              Enjoying the time with him as much as possible. I’m with a child, it is his the last grandchild, and I hope he will be able to hold her and hug her in July! ๐Ÿ™‚
            Bubbles
            Participant

I am so very glad that your dad (and you!!!) are feeling better!!!!  It's the little things, isn't it?  May he love and hold your baby girl and so much more!!!  celeste

Nympha
                Participant
                  ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you much Celeste. For everything u do for all ppl ๐Ÿ™‚
                mandyjill
                Participant

So very happy for your Dad and for you.   As bad as this disease is, it sure can help you put things in persepctive.

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics