The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sylatron?

Forums General Melanoma Community Sylatron?

Participant

Has anyone discussed Sylatron with their doctor?  Is anyone taking it, now?

I would very much like to chat with people about this med. 

I can be reached on my personal email, at [email protected], or on my cell phone, at 212.289.0087.

Thanks!

david

Has anyone discussed Sylatron with their doctor?  Is anyone taking it, now?

I would very much like to chat with people about this med. 

I can be reached on my personal email, at [email protected], or on my cell phone, at 212.289.0087.

Thanks!

david

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Wolverine
        Participant

Hello David,

I did a little surfing and came across a pretty detailed account of someone who has started this.  It sounds pretty good actually.  Maybe this will help.  It is a type of interferon.

http://www.jakestake.tv/2011/06/16/my-melanoma-treatment-with-sylatron-has-finally-started/

Regards,

David(Wolverine)

Cooper
            Participant

I read this blog and it almost sounded like the pharma company wrote it!  Sylatron is interferon but one you get for 5 years!  The side effects for me were just like the ones I read about for interferon. Awful.  I can't find anything in the literature that it works any better interferon regular.  And I just don't know why it is being prescribed when there are better less toxic things out there to try these days.  I quickly went off of it.

Cooper
              Participant

I read this blog and it almost sounded like the pharma company wrote it!  Sylatron is interferon but one you get for 5 years!  The side effects for me were just like the ones I read about for interferon. Awful.  I can't find anything in the literature that it works any better interferon regular.  And I just don't know why it is being prescribed when there are better less toxic things out there to try these days.  I quickly went off of it.

Cooper
                Participant

Cooper
                  Participant

Cooper
                    Participant

Cooper
                      Participant

dleonard
                        Participant

hi.

would you be willing to participate in a research interview with my client?  they would like to know more about your experience with-and your opinions about–some of the meds you've tried.  the telephone interview would last about an hour, or less; we are pleased to offer to you a cash honorarium of $100, as a thank-you for taking the time to participate.

if this sounds like something you'd like to do, please contact me at either 212.289.0087, or via email, at [email protected].

i promise that this is not a sales presentation, of any sort–strictly opinion research.

thank you, and best regards,

david

dleonard
                          Participant

hi.

would you be willing to participate in a research interview with my client?  they would like to know more about your experience with-and your opinions about–some of the meds you've tried.  the telephone interview would last about an hour, or less; we are pleased to offer to you a cash honorarium of $100, as a thank-you for taking the time to participate.

if this sounds like something you'd like to do, please contact me at either 212.289.0087, or via email, at [email protected].

i promise that this is not a sales presentation, of any sort–strictly opinion research.

david

dleonard
                            Participant

hi.

david

JustOnceCubbies
                              Participant

I have been on Sylatron for two years, and am dealing with the side effects well.   I just had a reoccurance of Melanoma in the same area and surgery yesterday.   I was also a fan of reading Jake's blog, as it helped with the early treatments and what to expect. 

So…..I started my own blog, and have tried to keep adding to it as I see the need.   Just in case anyone is looking for a very simple, not written by a pharm company approach to it.

http://www.thepeters4.blogspot.com

I hope anyone that is looking for info is able to benefit from it….thanks.

Mike

JustOnceCubbies
                                Participant

I have been on Sylatron for two years, and am dealing with the side effects well.   I just had a reoccurance of Melanoma in the same area and surgery yesterday.   I was also a fan of reading Jake's blog, as it helped with the early treatments and what to expect. 

So…..I started my own blog, and have tried to keep adding to it as I see the need.   Just in case anyone is looking for a very simple, not written by a pharm company approach to it.

Mike

JustOnceCubbies
                                  Participant

Mike

Wolverine
                                  Participant

Hello David,

I did a little surfing and came across a pretty detailed account of someone who has started this.  It sounds pretty good actually.  Maybe this will help.  It is a type of interferon.

http://www.jakestake.tv/2011/06/16/my-melanoma-treatment-with-sylatron-has-finally-started/

Regards,

David(Wolverine)

Wolverine
                                    Participant

Hello David,

Regards,

David(Wolverine)

steve.angleton
                                      Participant

David,

Yes, I have been on Sylatron for 12 weeks. I started using Sylatron about 10 days after the HIGH DOSE interferon alfa 2B. After the 5th Sylatron injection I returned to work. 

I incorrectly thought I could recover my active life style. The modest to intense Flu like symtoms last only for 24 hours, but the day after is like the day after recovering from the regular Flu. You are very tired. 

My experience is;

1. Friday evening about 1830 I give myself the 325ml shot.

2. All day saturday I creep around with loss of apetite and with moderate to bad Flu like symtoms. 

3. Sunday I fwould eel like I was recovering from a hang over.

4. Monday is not so bad, but by end of day at work it is hard just walking to the parking lot.

5. Tuesday is better and Wednesday to Friday are great!

6. As the weeks went by then Tuesday became like the Monday  and Monday became like Sunday.

7. At the end of 12 weeks Wednesday became like the Monday were. 

8. I am suspended from Sylatron use for 4 weeks due to excessive Fatigue and Chest pains. My blood test number were low, but not in areas that critial to sustaining life.

9. I think I am ready and willing to give it another trail. Consider my alternative?  Ans The Melanoma spreads to vital organs.

9. I really liked the Jake website he started Sylatron in June 2011. Jake Passed on in June 2012. He was stage 111C  

by the AJCC tables.

!0. Being very tried and the gradual increasing of the number of recovering days is a positive sign the treatment is doing its job. 

11. My morning shower time was a 3 part event with 30 minutes added for rest periods. I.E.  Wash my hair then stop and rest (sit down) for 10 minutes then do the lathering up, rest (sit down) for 10 minutes, Brush teeth and apply skin rash lotions then rest 10 minutes, then additional 15 minutes for dressing. 

Cooper
                                          Participant

So this stuff doesn't work, doesn't extend survival but prevents quality of life while you are on it.  The guy who wrote the blog on it died?  Doesn't that say it all.  I'm glad I went onto Yervoy with few symptoms and now NED!

Cooper
                                            Participant

So this stuff doesn't work, doesn't extend survival but prevents quality of life while you are on it.  The guy who wrote the blog on it died?  Doesn't that say it all.  I'm glad I went onto Yervoy with few symptoms and now NED!

Cooper
                                              Participant

steve.angleton
                                              Participant

David,

Yes, I have been on Sylatron for 12 weeks. I started using Sylatron about 10 days after the HIGH DOSE interferon alfa 2B. After the 5th Sylatron injection I returned to work. 

I incorrectly thought I could recover my active life style. The modest to intense Flu like symtoms last only for 24 hours, but the day after is like the day after recovering from the regular Flu. You are very tired. 

My experience is;

2. All day saturday I creep around with loss of apetite and with moderate to bad Flu like symtoms. 

4. Monday is not so bad, but by end of day at work it is hard just walking to the parking lot.

6. As the weeks went by then Tuesday became like the Monday  and Monday became like Sunday.

8. I am suspended from Sylatron use for 4 weeks due to excessive Fatigue and Chest pains. My blood test number were low, but not in areas that critial to sustaining life.

9. I think I am ready and willing to give it another trail. Consider my alternative?  Ans The Melanoma spreads to vital organs.

9. I really liked the Jake website he started Sylatron in June 2011. Jake Passed on in June 2012. He was stage 111C  

by the AJCC tables.

!0. Being very tried and the gradual increasing of the number of recovering days is a positive sign the treatment is doing its job. 

11. My morning shower time was a 3 part event with 30 minutes added for rest periods. I.E.  Wash my hair then stop and rest (sit down) for 10 minutes then do the lathering up, rest (sit down) for 10 minutes, Brush teeth and apply skin rash lotions then rest 10 minutes, then additional 15 minutes for dressing. 

steve.angleton
                                                Participant

David,

My experience is;

by the AJCC tables.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics