The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Swollen pituitary and dehydration

Forums General Melanoma Community Swollen pituitary and dehydration

Participant

Hi Everyone,

I know that  many of us have been dealing with a swollen pituitary.  Mine started in January 2012 after my third ipi infusion.  Yesterday (around dinner) I fainted.  I felt a hot flash and told my wife I needed fresh air (22 degrees should do it).  I sat on my steps and then lost consciousness for 30-45 seconds (no harm from the fall).

I had the whole day to myself (my wife was working and my children were at daycare) so I was out and about all day.  I skipped lunch and barely had any water all day; plus I had about four cups of black tea.  Stupid, I know, but I have never had this problem and I've been dealing with pituitary problems for just over two years.

My Med Onc ordered a brain MRI just in case, but it sounds like I fainted from dehydration (I did not display any signs of having a seizure).  My cortisol is low as a result of my pituitary which means my reserves are low.

Just a heads-up/reminder to drink up.

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

… Hours after my original post I found out that the MRI was good.  No new mets and surgical bed continues to shrink; so my brain has been clear since surgery last June.

I have a chest, abdomen, pelvis CT in three weeks as part of a PD-1 trial and I will see what is happening with my two lung mets.

Brendan

hbecker
            Participant

Glad the MRI was good! Hang in there!

hbecker
              Participant

hbecker
                Participant

Tina D
                  Participant

Glad your MRI is good!! I am sure that was more than a little upsetting to have that happen. Thanks for the reminder…. going to get a glass of water now….

Tina

Tina D
                    Participant

Glad your MRI is good!! I am sure that was more than a little upsetting to have that happen. Thanks for the reminder…. going to get a glass of water now….

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Tina

Brendan
                      Participant

… Hours after my original post I found out that the MRI was good.  No new mets and surgical bed continues to shrink; so my brain has been clear since surgery last June.

I have a chest, abdomen, pelvis CT in three weeks as part of a PD-1 trial and I will see what is happening with my two lung mets.

Brendan

Brendan
                        Participant

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics